cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just paused the Slovakia v England U21s game for 2 mins and can confirm it still freezes. You can also rewind and replay the pause so it's definitely the broadcast.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've received another response from them.  Here was their advice:

"Have you tried to delete the NOW TV App on the Google home on your Chromecase Ultra?"

Whatever that means.

I've emailed them 4 or 5 times now, each time linking to this thread and not once have they even acknowledged it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I've emailed them 4 or 5 times now, each time linking to this thread and not once have they even acknowledged it.

@Anonymous User

Maybe they are trying to "sweep the problem under the carpet" and hope the problem goes away.

Irrespective if they believe there is no problem with their sports streaming service, NowTV should at least have the Good Manners to acknowledge their customers who have posted here.

SweepUnderCarpet.jpg

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User @dr_necessitor and everyone else. Our dev teams are aware of the issue and are actively working towards resolving it asap. Will update this post as soon as i have the info. Thanks everyone.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Tony-D, lets hope this can be resolved by your Dev Team has soon has feasibly possible.

Hopefully, look forward to a quick positive reply by the NowTV Team on here that a fix is on the way shortly.

Cheers.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@schnapps wrote:

Thanks @Tony-D, lets hope this can be resolved by your Dev Team has soon has feasibly possible.

Hopefully, look forward to a quick positive reply by the NowTV Team on here that a fix is on the way shortly.

Cheers.

Exactly @schnapps Your right there.

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User @dr_necessitor and everyone else. Our dev teams are aware of the issue and are actively working towards resolving it asap. Will update this post as soon as i have the info. Thanks everyone.

Hurrah!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will reserve my thanks until I see positive proof this issue has been resolved.

Been going on a long time, and ridiculous how much effort has been required to even get a response from Now TV.

Watched ENG v SA T20 cricket last night. This issue still occurs but seemed to happen less frequently than previously (I wasn't counting but perhaps 8 to 10 times per hour).

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Watched 1st ENG v SA T20 cricket last night. This issue still occurs but seemed to happen less frequently than previously (I wasn't counting but perhaps 8 to 10 times per hour).

Watched 2nd ENG v SA T20 cricket last night. The issue continues to be observed.

Having said that, both @Tony-D and @Anonymous User have at least acknowledged in this thread that @Anonymous User are aware and have said:

"This is a known issue and we are working to get this sorted. We will do all we can to get it done as soon as possible" and

"Our dev teams are aware of the issue and are actively working towards resolving it asap. Will update this post as soon as i have the info"

As there has not yet been any further post from them, I suppose the assumption must be that it's still being looked into/worked on.