Contributor 2

Re: On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

So I had this annoying picture freeze again this morning during The Lions game.

It doesn't seem anyone from Now TV is interested in acknowledging this problem let alone fix it but if any of their staff do read this thread it happened on both of my smart boxes, one is wired directly to my router and one is connected via wifi.

I have a 212 mbps Virgin Media internet connect so a slow internet can be ruled out

Scholar 3

@stammie1609it seems like it's an issue affecting playout of live sports (notice how the adverts and Sky promos are unaffected), seems to affect viewing on most (if not all) platforms on which NOW TV is available (NOW TV box, PC, Roku etc) and even seems to affect those connected by ethernet to all flavours of broadband including "superfast" and "ultrafast" (suggests it's not an isolated broadband delivery problem). Still not even an acknowledgement of this thread by NOW TV though @NOWTV-Team

The final of the world cup of pool on SS5 last night was spoiled by this problem. Hello @NOWTV-Team one of your colleagues on Twitter seemed to imply that this thread has been spotted and the problem is being looked at. Can you confirm that please or are you going to continue hoping that if you ignore it it will go away?

Regular 2

Not looking to defend Now nor Sky, but this issue also occured for me yesterday on Premier Sports that I was accessing via Virgin TV Anywhere.  

I don't think it is particular to live sports as I have not experienced it on iPlayer nor ITV hub, but maybe it is a verification on the subscription.  When my day passes end they normally run over for about 10-15 minutes before getting quashed and even then the sound and picture remain behind the message (which covers about 90% of the screen).

No justification for it, but possibly a cause.

Contributor 3

I've tweeted the NowTv help and sent another email. Will update with any news.
Expert 5

The issue is happening to me on both live and repeated sports programmes.

Watched the re run of the Ward v Kovalev fight yesterday afternoon and there was the intermittent freezing of the picture during the fight.

The only time when i don't seem to get this problem is during the advert breaks (Typical) Smiley Mad

Not holding my breath but expecting the same on going issue to happen tomorrow whilst watching the Lions game and i will be back on this thread to "vent my frustration".

Highlighted
Regular 2

schnapps wrote:

The issue is happening to me on both live and repeated sports programmes.

Still a live channel, so wouldn't expect any difference.

One thing I keep meaning to try (I won't now because I don't have an active sports pass, nor will I for a few weeks) is to watch on a new SMART box and when I see the glitch to rewind and see if it reoccurs at the same point.  If is does then there is almost certainly something off with the signal provided.  If it doesn't, I guess the equipment is at fault.

I suspect the same would happen on the live cinema/entertainment channels.

Contributor 3

Just paused the Slovakia v England U21s game for 2 mins and can confirm it still freezes. You can also rewind and replay the pause so it's definitely the broadcast.
Contributor 1

I've received another response from them.  Here was their advice:

"Have you tried to delete the NOW TV App on the Google home on your Chromecase Ultra?"

Whatever that means.

I've emailed them 4 or 5 times now, each time linking to this thread and not once have they even acknowledged it.

Expert 5

I've emailed them 4 or 5 times now, each time linking to this thread and not once have they even acknowledged it.

@Stewyd

Maybe they are trying to "sweep the problem under the carpet" and hope the problem goes away.

Irrespective if they believe there is no problem with their sports streaming service, NowTV should at least have the Good Manners to acknowledge their customers who have posted here.

SweepUnderCarpet.jpg