cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm watching Sky Living now and it's happening on there too. Very frustrating. 

@Anonymous User wrote:
Same on the cricket Worcestershire V Surrey. Every couple of overs freezing up. Missed a wicket as it froze as wicket fell. I wouldn't mind but NowTv don't want to even acknowledge an issue.

seeing the issue here (as usual) watching the same cricket

stammie1609
Expert

So I had this annoying picture freeze again this morning during The Lions game.

It doesn't seem anyone from Now TV is interested in acknowledging this problem let alone fix it but if any of their staff do read this thread it happened on both of my smart boxes, one is wired directly to my router and one is connected via wifi.

I have a 212 mbps Virgin Media internet connect so a slow internet can be ruled out

@stammie1609it seems like it's an issue affecting playout of live sports (notice how the adverts and Sky promos are unaffected), seems to affect viewing on most (if not all) platforms on which NOW TV is available (NOW TV box, PC, Roku etc) and even seems to affect those connected by ethernet to all flavours of broadband including "superfast" and "ultrafast" (suggests it's not an isolated broadband delivery problem). Still not even an acknowledgement of this thread by NOW TV though @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The final of the world cup of pool on SS5 last night was spoiled by this problem. Hello @Anonymous User one of your colleagues on Twitter seemed to imply that this thread has been spotted and the problem is being looked at. Can you confirm that please or are you going to continue hoping that if you ignore it it will go away?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not looking to defend Now nor Sky, but this issue also occured for me yesterday on Premier Sports that I was accessing via Virgin TV Anywhere.  

I don't think it is particular to live sports as I have not experienced it on iPlayer nor ITV hub, but maybe it is a verification on the subscription.  When my day passes end they normally run over for about 10-15 minutes before getting quashed and even then the sound and picture remain behind the message (which covers about 90% of the screen).

No justification for it, but possibly a cause.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tweeted the NowTv help and sent another email. Will update with any news.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The issue is happening to me on both live and repeated sports programmes.

Watched the re run of the Ward v Kovalev fight yesterday afternoon and there was the intermittent freezing of the picture during the fight.

The only time when i don't seem to get this problem is during the advert breaks (Typical) Smiley Mad

Not holding my breath but expecting the same on going issue to happen tomorrow whilst watching the Lions game and i will be back on this thread to "vent my frustration".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

The issue is happening to me on both live and repeated sports programmes.

Still a live channel, so wouldn't expect any difference.

One thing I keep meaning to try (I won't now because I don't have an active sports pass, nor will I for a few weeks) is to watch on a new SMART box and when I see the glitch to rewind and see if it reoccurs at the same point.  If is does then there is almost certainly something off with the signal provided.  If it doesn't, I guess the equipment is at fault.

I suspect the same would happen on the live cinema/entertainment channels.

@Anonymous User wrote:

One thing I keep meaning to try (I won't now because I don't have an active sports pass, nor will I for a few weeks) is to watch on a new SMART box and when I see the glitch to rewind and see if it reoccurs at the same point.  If is does then there is almost certainly something off with the signal provided.  If it doesn't, I guess the equipment is at fault.

I will try and check that, and report back.