cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

@dr_necessitor wrote:

stammie1609 wrote:unfotunately the freezing is still there on the cricket channel now I have the test match on.

same here! good old stutter-stuttervison...

to you (money), to me (st-st-st-stuttervision)

Now TV need to headhunt a few BT Sports IT honchos!

I currently have the Stoke-###### game on via their Windows app, not only is BT Sports a fraction of the price of Now TV it offers a superior picture quality and most importantly its glitch free let alone the constant freeze issue sports on Now TV suffer from!!

I said the same last weekend, I've used several sports streaming services today (all much cheaper), only Now TV has faults on the service!!!!!

And I'm betting only Now TV ignore their customers or send out stupid scripted responses when their customers report an issue.

Any problem I've ever had with any other online service has been dealt with prompltly with helpful advice not the assinine responses the so called customer services deal out here.

If you couldn't tell I'm not exactly happy with the entirety of Now TV ignoring this issue and can only repeat what I said previously, it seems to me they don't care about monthly subscribers and just want to sell day or weekly passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to my earlier post today I can confirm that stutter vision is alive and well on the non Main Event and Premier League Sports channels. The tennis on Sky Sports Action is freezing every few minutes. I would also agree on previous comments about BT Sport. As a BT customer I can speak from experience. BT Sport on all platforms is simply stunning. Switching between watching NOW TV to watching BT Sport is like the difference between riding a bike and being chauffeur driven in a Rolls Royce! I for one am very pleased that Sky lost the Champions League rights to BT. And watching Stoke v Arsenal on BT this evening was a joy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, got the black box, it was still happening when I used it last. Cancelled the sports, was infuriating.
Chris_Gregg72
Scholar

Hi I have this too..... just thought it was my BB connection had it for a few months now...I have a smart box
Miketurn
Scholar 3

I'll chip in  at my annoyance with the picture freezes. The football yesterday was appalling (not the matches, lol) loads of stuttering and then buffering and drop outs.

I was convinced it was my broadband or a faulty box so was swappping between wired and wireless and the new smart box and older black box. None of which made things any better.

I've got a month pass to use soon, but after yesterday I might not bother as that was just frustrating to view.

lockmatt
Expert 2

this problem has been ongoing since the start of january,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,like someone commented is anyone looking into this problem as its been going on for so long now!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the information, I first thought it was my broadband connection as well. I see there is plenty of people with the same problem. I missed the last 10 minutes of the Manchester City v Liverpool because of this. At £34 a month they really should do better. 

Kevin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are the Now team so reluctant to come on to their own forum & give us information on what is a serious issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also get this on both the PS4 app and LG TV app. I don't get this buffering on ANY other sort of streaming service I use. Just NOW TV (sport).

On the PS4 app, it used to freeze and then speed up afterwards. On the LG TV app, it just freezes and then buffers for a few seconds. It's annoying especially when you miss an important bit of a football match.

Please get this sorted before The Masters otherwise I won't be resubscribing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching the live football yesterday 19/03/17. Picture kept freezing. Got worse error code 103 displayed.

Rebooted box. I have the latest now TV box. When I could get coverage again it brought me back to an earlier part in the game and kept repeating. Fibre broadband was working fine at the time so it wasn't the internet.

Very disappointing.