cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been happening to me for the last couple of months only on the sports channels. Are nowtv working on this as it is ruining the football

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it still happens and I have had 5 different emails back from NowTV after complaining, I've even got to the point of saying I'll cancel if it still continues. NOWTV are sending me different options trying to delete the app and reinstalling etc and nothing seems to work. I've tried everything so it's obviously a problem with NOWTV. Has anyone else logged the complaint?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

So I take it everyone posting within this topic has a NOW TV 'black' box?

lockmatt
Expert 2

@SeeMoreDigital yes i have the now tv black box

ken242
Expert

got sky sport 2 on now got the cricket on now and guess what happen yes it freezes for mim when it was ok for now it not looking good for the women cricket tomorrow and the men test match on thursday and the rugby at the weekend.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Tennis on BBC iPlayer and no issue at all so must be possible to stream live sport properly.  I wonder if the glitch is caused by frequent subscription checks which iPlayer doesn't have to worry about.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder why Support Staff are so obviously under orders to not communicate the specific nature of the issue. I also wonder why no technical staff have even queried anyone having this issue. Every line of support I have embarked upon has simply petered out unresolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

finally recieved a reply today - after a lengthy wait - any body tried this one?

Thanks for contacting NOW TV. 

Please try these troubleshooting steps:

To fix this:

• Press the Home / Smart button on your remote control
  • Go to Settings and scroll down to Support
  • Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.

If your settings don’t match the ones above, try these steps instead:

• Press the Home / Smart button on your remote control
  • Go to Premium and choose Option (or press GREEN if using a standard remote control)
  • Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.
After completing these steps, the NOW TV app should appear within the Premium section of your apps home screen.

After following these steps restart the app and see if that works. 

At busy times, some internet service providers may deliberately slow down your connection. If you’re using Wi-Fi or broadband, you need a speed of at least 2.5Mbps. For 3G or 4G devices the minimum speed needed is 450Kbps.

Please help me with the exact speed of the internet. 

Hope to see your reply soon, take care.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02179832.

Thanks,

Reena

The NOW TV Team

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What type device are you using ?

Looks like to me it's a standard scripted reply for either a games console or a LG / Samsung smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv app where customers are having difficulties streaming any of the entertainment, movie, kids or sports passes on the nowtv services ?

Might be wrong but not sure if this is the fix the technical dept have come up with due to the sports pass picture freeze ?  

I can't try this out myself, because the step by step instructions don't match the menu settings for my nowtv boxes or ATV 3.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

finally recieved a reply today - after a lengthy wait - any body tried this one?

Wouldn't be true for a roku stick or now tv box which i use.  I believe there is some option where you can fix the stream speed on these devices, but I just leave it on the automatic option as I fear tinkering will just lead to a poorer picture.  But I may try and set it to the highest possible and see if that helps.  Now how does that sequence on the remote go again...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Secret-screens/m-p/415466/highlight/false#M2353