cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

sky sports mix

this now tv havieing sky sport mixs on here as it launch on the 24th at 12.30  on that day . thanks ?

276 REPLIES 276
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I wonder if it could be possible to add Sky Sports Mix via a dedicated 'perk' app, for NOW TV box owners only. In much the same way that Sky Sports News HQ is delivered 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I wonder if it could be possible to add Sky Sports Mix via a dedicated 'perk' app, for NOW TV box owners only. In much the same way that Sky Sports News HQ is delivered 😉

And wait for the moans from those who aren't watching with a Now TV box.

Personally, I don't care if it is like SSN with any pass, as part of sports or as part of entertainment as long as it is available.  However with entertainment would be the closest to what Virgin and Sky subscribers have, so I suspect if it ever arrives then it will be under similar terms,

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

And wait for the moans from those who aren't watching with a Now TV box.

Yeah... Tough luck 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:
Particularly as I imagine a key customer base that NOW TV taps into are those people who can't afford or justify full Sky TV packages but can afford individual NOW TV passes on a month by month basis.

With Virgin you can just get channels for 30 days and when they make offers I can't refuse like Sports half price for six months it is the cheaper option at less than £16/month.  However to get Sky Sports Mix there I have to upgrade to a bigger TV package costing an extra £7/month and they don't even have Sky Atlantic.

Personally I prefer Now because I can use it on 4 different devices around the house (2 now boxes, a roku stick and an iPad) and have two events on the go at the same time. I can even watch it at other people's houses. With Virgin it is constrained to the tivo in the living room unless I pay for an extra box or try to use the anywhere/sky apps where the images are pretty poor. 720p is not quite HD but better than the SD on Virgin who still stick you with an extra £7/month for HD (though not for movies anymore just sport).

I tend to swap Sports between Virgin and Now depending on the time of year (Champions League - Virgin, rest of year - Now)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Sky Sports Mix for NOW TV customers.  Pity, I thought it would have been included if you have any valid passes - like Sky Sports News HQ on the black box

http://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/11095/10543289/new-channel-sky-sports-mix-launches-today

BicBasher
Elite

A shame as NOW TV could have had a Sky Sports Mix app for Now TV Box and Smart Box customers to watch with any pass.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suspect the live coverage which is simultaneously on another channel is why they don't have it because for the likes of me I would end up not using a couple of day passes to watch the GAA hurling final and the Ireland international at the start of September.  I would have thought that all the documentaries could be on a sports on demand channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah good shout. NOW TV has missed a good opportunity here to give sports fans a taster.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

the thing is you could watch the live events on a Sky package and still not want to upgrade to a years sports contract but you may get a day or week pass after watching a live event.To me a taster channel is better aimed at the casual viewer then one who has signed up to Sky and never took out the sports package in the first place.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
tzr wrote:

the thing is you could watch the live events on a Sky package and still not want to upgrade to a years sports contract but you may get a day or week pass after watching a live event.To me a taster channel is better aimed at the casual viewer then one who has signed up to Sky and never took out the sports package in the first place.

On Virgin, you only have to have sports for a month.  I don't think many will see this as a taster channel, just an extra channel on their current package.  And if anything it is likely to discourage people buying day/week passes, because if the event you want to watch is on it then why bother?  

All that said, I think Sports highlights on demand from the previous week would be something that Now could make available on entertainment.  All the goals from the Premier League are available on the Sky Sports app even if you don't have a Sky subscription, so having them on Now would make sense.  Even better they could have the 25 minutes highlights shown on Sky on Sunday early am.