cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loosing internett

Virgin super hub 3 .have tried all suggestions , going wireless, moved box,disabled pings. The nowtv smart box is becoming so hot after 1/2 hour I have raised it on Lego bricks to help with airflow to cool it .the box keeps loosing internet then back on 2 seconds later impossible to watch any films.what more can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to add, when you say the smart box gets extremely hot after half an hour, can you hear the inbuilt fan working on the box or If you put your hand around the sides of the Smart box can you feel any air movement from the fan ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A couple of Virgin Media Broadband customers have had some mixed results by following some of the suggestions on this thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Internet-Connection/td-p/454826

My smart box is also hot to touch, but no hotter than my Youview box, just make sure there is plenty of free space around and on top of the box.

I also believe the smart box has a high temperature safety fail feature to protect the box if it exceeds it's maximum operating temperature limit.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to add, when you say the smart box gets extremely hot after half an hour, can you hear the inbuilt fan working on the box or If you put your hand around the sides of the Smart box can you feel any air movement from the fan ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did not know there was a fan. Will check
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not checked setting up as A guest on my broadband but will try
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have set up the now box on the internet and also disabled Ping. I have also raised box on a small Lego construction that is 2 blocks high . No problems at the moment thanks to all