cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't request this service

Has any one else just had this service to their account without being asked? I really object to this, it was just luck that I checked the email address I used, it isn't my main one. Are they really allowed to just do this? I am considering cancelling my account,

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank goodness I am not the only one. I complained and they had the cheek
to say it had been added from my address at 2.49 pm,I was at work, there
was no one at home, this can't be legal, at the very least its underhand. I
replied to the first email back from customer service and one of their
managers replied back acusing me of adding the package, when I tried to
reply to her the reply was retuned as undelivered, I did consider my reply
had been blocked.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here, had a "Free" pass added to my account without my consent. very very hard to contact customer services. this is an appalling way to run a business

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy & Everyone else

Guys

This new Now TV "free pass" marketing campaign has gone down like a lead balloon, it's literally bombed.

As a tactic/strategy, it's likely to loose customers rather than gain them, it comes across as underhanded and deceitful.

I hope they rethink this ridiculous new marketing strategy before it does them real harm.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who was the email from?  Can you paste it?  I'd happily have a free month's sports pass on my account.  I hope someone reads this before the match on Friday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is quite alarming!  If a "free" pass is added by Now TV to someone's account without their permission or knowledge, presumably this would negate their cancellation of the previous pass and it will result in a monthly renewal being applied to their account without their consent at the end of the "free" month.

So someone who has cancelled all their passes because they wish to stop using Now TV could end up having one or more of their monthly renewals re-activated and a charge being applied to their credit card!

Very bad.  I have never been happy with the situation where Now TV retain a person's payment details after they have cancelled all their subscriptions.  The legality of this practice is dubious, to say the least.  All the more reason to tell your credit card issuer that you have withdrawn your Continuous Authority for any further payments to Now TV.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi W and S

It looks like Sky/Now TV have hired an outside company to Identify, Engage and Monetise account holders who currently do not have passes or subscriptions.

I can't say whether the strategy used is legitimate or not but it is a business tactic used by the outside company as part of their sales pitch.

UK Bob

PS.  This strategy was also widely used in the mobile telephone industry a few years back to "leverage" extra payments from their customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried live chat, didn’t work!?!?
Being a loyal customer made me laugh! I had a free 2 week trial of movies and entertainment. Then cancelled as we didn’t really watch it!
I want to removed my details but can’t?
I find this very worrying as you could take money without my knowledge. Luckily I got an email this time.
You should ask if this is a service a customer wants not just fiddle with their accounts!
I’m just so cross this has happened.
I’m going to find out if this is illegal or not!
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re very sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We identified that some customers have had problems applying vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had an additional matching voucher automatically added for them.

Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period.

We’re sorry again for the confusion.

NOW TV Team 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Karl-F @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Karl and Nadine

First let me say that I was not personally affected by your "automatic action" but I am glad that you have taken some affirmative action to nullify this disastrous strategy.  I'm guessing that the person or persons that thought up the "clever" scheme did not count on such a negative reaction from your customer base or how frightening this could seem for the elderly.

May I suggest that in future instead of carrying out such "automatic actions"  you ask the customers concerned first, i.e. if they require help to auto-start their free passes, that way Now TV will be seen in a positive light.

UK Bob

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @ukbobboy

We aim to learn from our mistakes and I'll ensure this is fedback to the relevant team. 

Thanks again and I hope that you have a great Christmas.

Karl

NOW TV Team