cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: I didn't request this service

Email advising that they had activated a pass, without authorisation!

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

and here's some '&*$&^~#s' from Messenger from NowTV....

"Thanks for your messages on this. We identified a glitch in our website where customers thought they’d applied vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts, but hadn’t. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had this automatically added for them. As always, customers can cancel before their renew date via ‘My Account’ once logged in. If you need any further help please reach out to one of our agents via webchat here'"

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

@Salamat @HAMER1 @Wlat @ukbobboy @csgas

We’re very sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We identified that some customers have had problems applying vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had an additional matching voucher automatically added for them.

Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period.

We’re sorry again for the confusion

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂

Highlighted
Mentor

"Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period."

Thankyou Nadine-K! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re very sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We identified that some customers have had problems applying vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had an additional matching voucher automatically added for them.

Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period.

We’re sorry again for the confusion.

NOW TV Team 

Highlighted
Champion 3

@Karl-F @Nadine-K @Salamat

Hi Karl and Nadine

First let me say that I was not personally affected by your "automatic action" but I am glad that you have taken some affirmative action to nullify this disastrous strategy.  I'm guessing that the person or persons that thought up the "clever" scheme did not count on such a negative reaction from your customer base or how frightening this could seem for the elderly.

May I suggest that in future instead of carrying out such "automatic actions"  you ask the customers concerned first, i.e. if they require help to auto-start their free passes, that way Now TV will be seen in a positive light.

UK Bob

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @ukbobboy

We aim to learn from our mistakes and I'll ensure this is fedback to the relevant team. 

Thanks again and I hope that you have a great Christmas.

Karl

NOW TV Team

Highlighted
Mentor

Appears to be happening again.

I received an email today "thanking me" as a loyal customer and signing me up to a subscription I hadn't consented to.

Sorted it eventually (you guys are very very difficult to get hold of) and as if by magic received another marketing email apologising for the "confusion" as above.

Marketing double speak. I'm not confused - it's SKY.

I ignore most marketing emails as do most. Using that mechanism to sign viewers up to unconsented subscriptions ?

Naughty, naughty, naughty.

Escalate this please, it's unforgivable.

Highlighted
Advocate

I had a similar situation, I was given a smart nowtv box from a work colleague to replace my black now tv box, I connected the Wi-fi, set up the free view channels then left home, on the way I got a receipt on my email saying that I had purchased the entertainment channel and was billed  £7.99, went onto live chat and was told this was impossible and that I had connected to "the flash" season 2! How is that possible if no one is in your house! Still waiting to get my money back, they obviously have a problem with their system, very convenient! Poor service!

0 Thanks
Highlighted

This practice appears to be back, received an email from an ‘order’ I had allegedly made (which I most certainly did not). Luckily I spotted it and cancelled before the charge. The customer service is genuinely the worst I have ever experienced. Their response is I inform the police of the fraud! I am struggling to understand why a fraudster would add Hayu and a boost package to my account! During the exchange I was told blatant lies and it’s clear the person I was speaking to was just trying to end the conversation. My next step is to contact trading standards and make a SAR under the GDPR regulation so I can be provided with all the information about my account. What would be much easier if the acknowledged what has actually happened and apologise but I won’t be holding my breath. 

0 Thanks