cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't request this service

Has any one else just had this service to their account without being asked? I really object to this, it was just luck that I checked the email address I used, it isn't my main one. Are they really allowed to just do this? I am considering cancelling my account,

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @ukbobboy @Anonymous User

We’re very sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We identified that some customers have had problems applying vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had an additional matching voucher automatically added for them.

Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period.

We’re sorry again for the confusion

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period."

Thankyou Nadine-K! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Appears to be happening again.

I received an email today "thanking me" as a loyal customer and signing me up to a subscription I hadn't consented to.

Sorted it eventually (you guys are very very difficult to get hold of) and as if by magic received another marketing email apologising for the "confusion" as above.

Marketing double speak. I'm not confused - it's SKY.

I ignore most marketing emails as do most. Using that mechanism to sign viewers up to unconsented subscriptions ?

Naughty, naughty, naughty.

Escalate this please, it's unforgivable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar situation, I was given a smart nowtv box from a work colleague to replace my black now tv box, I connected the Wi-fi, set up the free view channels then left home, on the way I got a receipt on my email saying that I had purchased the entertainment channel and was billed  £7.99, went onto live chat and was told this was impossible and that I had connected to "the flash" season 2! How is that possible if no one is in your house! Still waiting to get my money back, they obviously have a problem with their system, very convenient! Poor service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This practice appears to be back, received an email from an ‘order’ I had allegedly made (which I most certainly did not). Luckily I spotted it and cancelled before the charge. The customer service is genuinely the worst I have ever experienced. Their response is I inform the police of the fraud! I am struggling to understand why a fraudster would add Hayu and a boost package to my account! During the exchange I was told blatant lies and it’s clear the person I was speaking to was just trying to end the conversation. My next step is to contact trading standards and make a SAR under the GDPR regulation so I can be provided with all the information about my account. What would be much easier if the acknowledged what has actually happened and apologise but I won’t be holding my breath. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any contact numbers or anything to get in touch with Now tv? Iv tried the online speak to advisers but it won't let me click the link, they have been charging me £7.99 for months when I cancelled it months ago absolute joke
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No contact number except for broadband customers. Have a look at the following which might help

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

And  if you still need to get in touch you could try a different browser and/or device to get to live chat (eg try phone/tablet instead of PC or vice versa, adblocking plugins and JavaScript disabled will cause problems). Alternately try the send a message option instead of live chat.

To get to live chat or send a message, go to the following help page and choose the option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had exactly the same happen to me, and no one else has access to the account. Not impressed!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had a months pass added to my account. I don’t even watch or want it?
I haven’t been charged and it has been cancelled for me?
If it is a freebie then it would be nice to know.
I’m now panicking that money is going to be taken from my account without my consent.
It would be nice to speak to someone but that’s impossible!
Please tell us why sky sports was added to our account without asking if we wanted it first.
This is wrong and probably illegal.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Another member in this thread had an entertainment pass added, and when they queried with live chat was told it was a freebie for being a loyal customer, this may be what's happened to you although I don't know for sure.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/6-month-entertainment-Pass/m-p/452307#M36266

If you follow the link I posted in that thread to get to live chat you can check with them about your pass as well.