cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't request this service

Has any one else just had this service to their account without being asked? I really object to this, it was just luck that I checked the email address I used, it isn't my main one. Are they really allowed to just do this? I am considering cancelling my account,

29 REPLIES 29
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. What's actually happened? If you've ended up with a sports pass on your account you didn't ask for then pop onto live chat, explain what's happened and ask if they can refund this for you.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

I would also recommend enabling your Payment PIN in your account, this will prevent accidental or unauthorised payments in the future. eg if you have a NOW TV Box it's possible  for people to accidentally purchase a pass. To turn your Payment PIN on, go to your My Account > Payment PIN page

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply, the pin is a good I dea but this was not accidentally ordered, it was do while I was at work and there was no one else in the house, this was just added to my account with out my knowledge, surely not legal.  I was not charged when putting it on, it was free for a month then I would be charged £33.99.  Fortunately I read the email, the email was on an account I don't check that regularly. I cancelled the package but now I do not trust Now TV, I think I will cancel next week before another payment comes out and cancel the card so they haveno way of taking a payment.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Strange that you've ended up with a free month for some reason. Are you a NOW TV broadband customer by any chance, as I know they've given me free sports for periods of time in the past as a 'bonus' but they've always emailed me to inform me, and in that case it was set to not renew at the end so I wouldn't end up being charged.

You might want to have a word with live chat and se if they can find out what's happened, but to be on the safe side certainly cancel the pass manually.

You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(choose the options that apply to you, or expand the Anything Else section)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, only ever had the cinema package. Tried to cancel the pass but no way of doing it! Did online chat who said there were no active passes!!!! Still showing as active so I have no idea what is going on as the chat timed out but hopefully as I originally contacted them by email they might look into that?

Thanks for your message
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi, sorry the previous post was meant for a different user.

Have you been charged for something you didn't order? How much was the charge? Have you checked on your My Account > My Passes page to see what passes are listed there (any you don't expect) and also on your My Account > My Payments page to see if there are any charges there you didn't expect.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:30:42): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to MONISHA. Can I start by taking your full name and email address, please?
null (21/12/2017, 14:30:52): An elderly relative had just informed me that she has received an email stating that you have activated a pass on her account, totally unrequested by her! She, now, has to cancel this pass to stop you STEALING money from her account! Whatever right have you got to do this?
null (21/12/2017, 14:31:05): This is an elderly lady, not 'computer literate', who has been caused great concern over this!
Who are you regulated by, to take this further? OFCOM?
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:31:29): Hi there.
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:31:37): :Let me check and help you with that.
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:31:49): Can I have your full name and email address ?
null (21/12/2017, 14:31:58): not relevant!
null (21/12/2017, 14:33:25): Where did she give authority for you to activate a pass on her behalf?
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:33:43): I'm afraid without these details I wont be able to help you.
null (21/12/2017, 14:34:19): my email and name has nothing to do with the issue!
null (21/12/2017, 14:34:32): Are you refusing to say who you are regulated by?
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:34:52): I wont be able to locate your active account without these details.
null (21/12/2017, 14:35:44): It's the issue of your processing the pass that I want to investigate!
null (21/12/2017, 14:36:05): Are you aware of these emails/actions?
null (21/12/2017, 14:36:54): Thanks for buying a NOW TV Bundle, complete with NOW TV Box and a voucher for one of our NOW TV Passes.

We can see that although you’ve activated your shiny new Box, it looks like you might’ve had some trouble redeeming the voucher that came with it. To help you get up and running, we’ve applied the voucher to your account for you, so you’re all set to start enjoying your Pass right away.

At the end of your pre-paid period, your Month Pass will automatically renew at the standard price. You can cancel at any time by going to My Account and My Passes.
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:37:14): Do you have Broadband with NOW TV ?
null (21/12/2017, 14:37:26): I want to know, by what right, you can do this?
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:39:59): Please help me with your full name and email address ?
null (21/12/2017, 14:41:18): I take it you're unwilling to say who you're regulated by then. OK, that adds to my complaint! Thank you!
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:41:35): I'm trying to help you.
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:41:55): Please help me with your full name and email address ?
null (21/12/2017, 14:43:07): The Data Protection Act should mean that you can't speak to me about someone else's account!
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:43:51): In order to access your account, I need your full name and email address?
null (21/12/2017, 14:44:06): I said, it's not my account!
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:44:39): Okay, please ask the NOW TV account holder to contact us.
null (21/12/2017, 14:45:18): That is my point! A 90year old lady should not be forced into dealing with this!
null (21/12/2017, 14:46:01): This was not of her doing...this is something NowTV have initiated, and it's wrong, probably illegal!
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:46:06): As per Data Protection Act we aren't supposed to enclose an details with non account holders.
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:47:06): In order to stop any payments. please contact your bank to block the future payments.
null (21/12/2017, 14:47:26): Ok, not your fault, you didn't activate the pass, but I think you should advise who is the 'Regulator', when asked!
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:48:00): I'm sorry I'm unable to do that.
null (21/12/2017, 14:48:14): Right, thank you. Bye
MONISHA (21/12/2017, 14:48:26): Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No! It's not a freebie!

Thanks for buying a NOW TV Bundle, complete with NOW TV Box and a voucher for one of our NOW TV Passes.

We can see that although you’ve activated your shiny new Box, it looks like you might’ve had some trouble redeeming the voucher that came with it. To help you get up and running, we’ve applied the voucher to your account for you, so you’re all set to start enjoying your Pass right away.

At the end of your pre-paid period, your Month Pass will automatically renew at the standard price. You can cancel at any time by going to My Account and My Passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Email advising that they had activated a pass, without authorisation!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and here's some '&*$&^~#s' from Messenger from NowTV....

"Thanks for your messages on this. We identified a glitch in our website where customers thought they’d applied vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts, but hadn’t. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had this automatically added for them. As always, customers can cancel before their renew date via ‘My Account’ once logged in. If you need any further help please reach out to one of our agents via webchat here'"