cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simple system restart (from the settings section on menu) on now tv box sorted it!!
Do this before messing around with cables etc!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought 2 now tv black box sets and in the 1st two days both box sets come up with the message unauthorised content. I have worked out that turning the main power supply off then on it works again. Surely this shouldn't be happening on brand new products. This is a very poor quality and service
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's certainly not normal behaviour. By way of confirmation, is your issue the same as this: HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working

If so, what are the makes and model numbers of your television. And what things have you tried?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Both tv's are sony bravia and yes it's a purple screen that comes up. What I do is turn the power off and then it's fine. Just wondered if it had anything to do with registering 2 devices on the same account.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Just wondered if it had anything to do with registering 2 devices on the same account.

Hi @Anonymous User,

Rest assured, this problem has nothing to do with your 'unauthorised content' issue. You can register up-to four NOW TV capable playback devices onto one NOW TV account. And view on two devices at the same time 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So the product just has a common fault with it as I notice a lot of people are experiencing this with the black box
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
So the product just has a common fault with it as I notice a lot of people are experiencing this with the black box

I would not say that @Anonymous User,

Most people only visit forums when they have a problem. Very few people visit forums to say how wonderfully well their product is working!

Purple screen/HDCP issues can happen to any HDMI connected device at any price level. Some issues are easier to fix than others...

Cheers

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

In order to reduce duplication, how about merging this 'Unauthorised content' topic together with this existing HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working topic please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought NOW on Saturday.  I got everything to work fine, including my free month Sky Sports pass.  Now, on Monday and Tuesday, everything appears to be ok - Sign in, Internet, WiFi, but when I try to access Sports, it says HDCP unauthorised.  I can hea the sound though.  Any ideas ?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Try removing the HDMI lead from the TV and box and putting it back. 🙂

If that fails, do you have a spare lead? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have recently set up a projector and wanted to show nowtv on big screen, but despite doing everything I can I end up with the dcp screen not authorised, but hearing sound. Is there a solution to this?