cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD

Have just brought a now tv box and paid £6.99 for a sports day pass. After a nightmare setting it up i'm shocked and dissapointed 

that sky sports has awful picture quality. £27 OUT OF POCKET AND THE BOX IS GOING IN THE BIN AFTER THE FOOTBALL. 

9 REPLIES 9
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just fallen for the same thing, thought I would get HD and its not or it certainly doesn't appear to be. Struggle to watch sport now in poor resolution. Am I doing something wrong? If not I won't be buying many more passes for sure

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

On a personal note, whenever I've watched Sky Sports F1 (using my LG televisions in-built NOW TV app) the displayed images have been very good....

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They want £33.99 for SD whilst BT charge the same for HD

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why does NOW charge £33.99 pm for Sky Sports SD whereas The charge via BT is the same but for HD?

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why does NOW charge £33.99 pm for Sky Sports SD whereas The charge via BT is the same but for HD?

n't know what equipment you're using or what broadband connection you have but my Now TV Sports are definately in HD

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys, sky sports on Now TV is garbage, no matter what you do it won’t improve, there have been many threads on it, the stream is absolute garbage and has been for years. It’s a very poor 720 stream, simply don’t renew it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I honestly think its improved recently, infact, its been excellent, so I think your post is a little unfair (though I agree, in the past its had some off/weak moments). If you watch Sky in SD (we have that at the gym, and I can view at my parents), you will see Now TV is above that (and obviously so).  Is it above Sky HD though? - well no, but its in between the two for sure.

Whats intresting, you can deliver a much better picture over the internet than you can over satellite.  Next year Sky Q gets released over broadband, be very interesting to see what picture quality is like.  I can see an argument pursueing where sky q satellite setup customers are dismayed at the over the broadband quality - hmmm

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I cannot agree with the above comment, its garbage, the lag on the ball is horrific, its quite important there is no lag on the ball and this has plenty and then some. As for tv over the internet, I have BT, beleive me its a million times better better. Sky have absolute no intention of making now tv good. The artifacts I wont even go into. Its by far the worst streaming service out there.