cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Frame rate ormotion

Hi there, im sure its frame rate but NOW TV will you ever ever fix this, its obviously worse on football games but also happens on normal tv show. I watched spain italy tonight on SD through my youview box, terrible picture as expected but at least the frame rate was normal. NOW TV may not be 1080p but the picture is decent enough if you could please fix your frame rate issue as its so annoying. I have amazon prime, netflix, iplayer etc and only now tv has this awful issue, it cannot be that hard to fix. Just for info this is on your smart now tv box and all the others, its never been addressed.

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Basically out of all the streaming services only now tv has a frame rate issue, do I think they will fix this, nope. Frustrating but nothing we can do. 

@Miketurn wrote:

The frame rate issue when watching live sports is quite evident, however I've managed to somewhat fix the issue on my tv by turning on motionflow to its highest setting. Other brands use different names like Intelligent Image Creation but they all essentially do the same thing by creating their own frames and making things seem smoother. I've found that gives me a satisfactory picture that I can watch, although it's still inferior to broadcast tv.

In comparison, I watched some of the US Open golf streamed live through iPlayer, and that was spot on and I couldn't tell the difference between that and an HD broadcast at normal viewing distances.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found a feature on my tv called ultra smooth motion which in some ways greatly improves sky sports but the ball movement is awful so had to turn it off, until sky fix this then I guess we just need to grin and bear it. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You've probably mentioned it somewhere else but what's the make and model of TV that you predominately view NOW TV on?

Cheers  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hisense 55 ", I think it's m7000

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hisense 55 ", I think it's m7000

Thanks... And what 'Display type' output setting is your NOW TV box set to. '720p' or '1080p'...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried both, makes no difference. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sufficed to say, if your Hisense TV has a better video up-scaler than your NOW TV box (which it should if it's a 4K model), your NOW TV boxes 'Display type' output setting should be '720p' and not '1080p'... Never, ever 'double' up-scale!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it's a 4k model and a decent tv, I will switch to 720p as you suggest. The only thing is no matter the tv it ain't going to fix the frame rate issue. I appreciate your help. I'd do cart wheels if the frame rate issue got fixed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree with this post frame rate fix over native HD on my wishlist please I watch on native Samsung tv app and Apple TV (set the 50 hz) frame rate bad bt sports on airplay and bbc iPlayer sport all good in comparison...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s there and it is terrible. Players jitter across the screen on live sports. People are blind but then NOWTV only transmits upto 720p so they don’t care about quality.

Watchable with a free pass but I would never pay for this service.