cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Father's day offer £20

Was offered fathers day offer of £20 for the month for Sky Sports. I'm a Scottish Football fan. Dont like cricket or Rugby. Only thing I would watch over the summer is the Open Golf. Oh but look, the offer terminates on 22nd June which mean the month offer finishes on 21st July. The Open runs from 19-23rd July. So with the offer I would miss the end of the golf. Oh well guess this is the second year I will be missing the Open Golf

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

... even at £14.99 offer I still didnt take it. It simply isnt worth it especially over the summer unless you are a cricket, rugby and golf fan. No way would I EVER pay £33.99 a month. 

I agree.  The summer line up is just about be worth £15/month for me as there are a few GAA games and it is cheaper than two or three day/week passes, but with the confederations cup on ITV and a couple of weeks of Wimbledon likely to occupy me more this month there is better sport elsewhere.

Ordinarily, I would be unlikely to pay £34/month, but over the Christmas/New Year period if I couldn't get an offer I may be tempted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even over Christmas £33.99 -- They can take a hike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Even over Christmas £33.99 -- They can take a hike

From 2 December - 1  January there are 8 match days.  As Sky average around 3.5 games per match day (126/38) that makes about 28 games,   There is also the quarter finals of the league cup adding another couple.  So at least 30 live games.  Not to mention all the other stuff.  Also it is the one time of the year I can watch sport all day every day of the week.  So whilst £34/month isn't that great for the rest of the year, it works out pretty well for me.  Of course, always the chance Now TV have a £15/month offer at the time...  (hint) 

I often call up Virgin to get Sports and Movies over that period and cancel once kids are back at school.  Last time I did customer service rep told me that it's what a lot of people do along with cancelling sports during the summer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep that is why you get cvheaper offers over the summer as everyone has got wise and are not paying top whack for dross. However the even wiser dont pay the lower prices for dross either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

... At £14.99 it still isnt worth it. Sky your days are numbered. BT is going to take your custom away. £3.75 a month for 18months......Sky cannot compete.

Not worth it at £15/month?  £15/month is worth it to me (Considering I pay £11 for week passes)

As for BT, there is nowt on during the summer and aside from the FA Cup and UEFA football its sports coverage is pretty poor.  It only has a quarter of the premier league games.   And generally the one live fixture is on Saturday evening when generally I am coming home from a game.  And more often than not it is a 3rd/4th pick for the weekend.   With Sky you get up to 5 full games a weekend (one delayed) and extended highlights of the other.  And Sky by and large have the big games between the big 6.

For me, content is king and Sky generally has the best.  Premier Sports and Eurosport are great during the summer.  BT sport?  Not worth £3.75/month at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

£15 for

• Three Grand Prixs
  • Three Lions Rugby Tests
  • Two England Test Cricket matches
  • The Open Golf  (though wait until later this evening to start it for that)
  • European U21 Football Semis & Final

and most important of all...

• Six GAA fixtures!!!

What is on BT Sport?  😉

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

£15 for

• Three Grand Prixs
  • Three Lions Rugby Tests
  • Two England Test Cricket matches
  • The Open Golf  (though wait until later this evening to start it for that)
  • European U21 Football Semis & Final

and most important of all...

• Six GAA fixtures!!!

What is on BT Sport?  😉

@Anonymous User

With anything in life, people have different preferences (from your above list only the Rugby appeals to me personally).

You can see from my Avatar photo that i am motor bike fan and appart from the Moto GP there are a few things with my BT TV Sports subscription that i enjoy watching.

For me BT Sports have good coverage of the Aviva and European Rugby and now have a deal with BoxNation with some Boxing matches.

Eurosports (would be great if it was also on the nowtv platform) have excellent coverage of the World and British Superbikes and Pro Cycling such has the Tour De France.

Me personally i have no interest in Football whatsoever.

I suppose it depends on what sports you like and then go with the TV company that meets your needs the best. 

I am sure a lot of people would love to pick and choose different sporting events across all the different TV companies out there but then the cost becomes silly (unless obviously you can afford it).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 grand Prix - wouldnt watch it if you paid me

Rugby - bunch of egg chasers

Cricket - Dont get me started

the Open Golf - I will concede this one - I might and say might get a week pass for this. 

European U21. -- Im Scottish i could care how England do

Six GAA fixtures - Not interested.

Funnily on BT Sport I have enjoyed the Womens Hockey and love Baseball and for £3.75 a month oh so much better than being robbed blind by Sky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

dunno I love baseball and watching the Womens Hockey. I wont watch Cricket or Rugby so I suppose it is what your preference is. Safe to say i rejected all the offers because simply to me they were not worth it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Was offered fathers day offer of £20 for the month for Sky Sports. I'm a Scottish Football fan. Dont like cricket or Rugby. Only thing I would watch over the summer is the Open Golf. Oh but look, the offer terminates on 22nd June which mean the month offer finishes on 21st July. The Open runs from 19-23rd July. So with the offer I would miss the end of the golf. Oh well guess this is the second year I will be missing the Open Golf

Don't worry there will be another offer along in time for the Open golf.  There were a couple last year including free day passes.