cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Father's day offer £20

Was offered fathers day offer of £20 for the month for Sky Sports. I'm a Scottish Football fan. Dont like cricket or Rugby. Only thing I would watch over the summer is the Open Golf. Oh but look, the offer terminates on 22nd June which mean the month offer finishes on 21st July. The Open runs from 19-23rd July. So with the offer I would miss the end of the golf. Oh well guess this is the second year I will be missing the Open Golf

20 REPLIES 20
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If it's just the golf you are interested in you could get by with a sports week pass for £10.99 (or £10 if you buy via gift card/voucher from Game, Argos, Currys, Amazon etc), although I appreciate your post is to express dissatisfaction at the terms of the offer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that was an  option I had considered but at £10.99 a week I will probably  just give it a miss. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Maybe if the Carling and Pringles NowTV sports day pass promotions is around during this time (very unlikely thou) you could go on a weekend diet of crisps & beer whilst enjoying watching the Golf. Smiley Very Happy

beer and crisps.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dont drink. Now got a £14.99 offer. So if I had taken £20 offer I would be most dischuffed. To be honest I just looked what is on. No wonder they are reducing the price. Utter crap. At £14.99 it still isnt worth it. Sky your days are numbered. BT is going to take your custom away. £3.75 a month for 18months......Sky cannot compete.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just wondering how did you get the £14.99 sports pass month offer from NowTV, i usually have to pay the full price of £33.99 ?

I never seem to be offered these reduced prices (whats the trick) ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

I never seem to be offered these reduced prices (whats the trick) ? 

@schnapps The trick normally is not to have a monthly subscription. But in this case it is on the offers page and not just for new customers.  Have to do it by tomorrow.

http://www.nowtv.com/offers

£14.99 Sky Sports Month Pass: Offer entitles eligible customers to one Sky Sports Month Pass for £14.99 (standard price currently £33.99). Once your offer period ends your Sky Sports Month Pass will automatically renew at £33.99 a month unless cancelled. Available to new NOW TV customers without a Sky Sports Pass only. Cancel anytime. Redeem by 23.59 24 June 2017 to qualify for this offer. Not available to NOW TV Combo customers. You can only have one Sky Sports Pass in your account at any one time. This offer is not available with any other offers. One offer per customer. 18+, UK only. Streamed via broadband/3G/4G (charges may apply). See nowtv.com for list of compatible devices. Red button and interactive services are unavailable. All live scheduling may be subject to change.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the link, unfortunately this offer is no use to me (Typical Smiley Mad).

I have cancelled my month sports pass which doesn't run out until early part of July, so i won't be able to add a new code or pass until after this date Smiley Mad.

As it stands, i am in two minds whether to purchase another sports pass from NowTV until they finally sort out the on going freezing picture issue on their sports streams.

If they don't sort it out for the the three Lions Rugby test matches against the All Blacks i will be seeking a full refund from NowTV,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the link, unfortunately this offer is no use to me (Typical Smiley Mad).

I have cancelled my month sports pass which doesn't run out until early part of July, so i won't be able to add a new code or pass until after this date Smiley Mad.

As it stands, i am in two minds whether to purchase another sports pass from NowTV until they finally sort out the on going freezing picture issue on their sports streams.

If they don't sort it out for the the three Lions Rugby test matches against the All Blacks i will be seeking a full refund from NowTV,

Offer isn't ideal for me either.  Ideally I want to start at the end of June. No GAA until 1st July and then another 7 games in July  (and the golf).  Could cover off the 3 games on the first August weekend with a weekly pass.  Tempted by the Lions test, but am out tonight and there is no chance of me getting up before 8.30am, so will just avoid score and watch on S4C.

Will stick with Premier Sports for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you cancel a pass tell them its overpriced and you are going to Netflix or Amazon. Can I just say even at £14.99 offer I still didnt take it. It simply isnt worth it especiaaly over the summer unless you are a cricket, rugby and golf fan. No way would I EVER pay £33.99 a month. Must be the miserable Scottish in me, but seriously, you have to be off your head to pay that