cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stammie1609
Expert

EU content portability and Now TV sports

With the EU's content portability laws coming into effect on Sunday does this mean I'll now be able to take my laptop on holiday with me (assuming I holiday within the EU) and be able to watch my Now TV sports subscription?

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/03/28/new-eu-rules-on-content-portability-set-to-come-into-forc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stammie1609 @Anonymous User

The help article has now been updated with info on using abroad

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

You can watch for up to 30 days abroad before you need to watch something in the UK (guessing it doesn't have to be the same person!) and you won't be able to buy passes abroad so if you don't have a pass already running make sure you buy before you leave.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do have a really stupid question.  What if you are watching in UK and elsewhere in EU at the same time?  Will that be OK?  Will the 30 day restriction ever kick in?

The rationale. I travel to France and Ireland for work, but my wife and children don't, yet they will watch in UK whilst I watch abroad.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you may run into a device use issue if you try to watch on 3 devices on same account.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:

@Anonymous User you may run into a device use issue if you try to watch on 3 devices on same account.

Sure, but can I watch on one device in UK and one outside UK on same account at same time?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:My point is this is misleading as it implies you can watch up to 30 days abroad first.  

@Anonymous User I was just trying to make the OP aware of the help page that had been updated with info about how it works but I take your point that by mentioning some of the key points people may assume these are the only caveats and not read the help page link.

This is a help forum where most of the posts are users trying to help each other, so I'd encourage everyone to not take posts at face value and always check any advice given. Here's the help page again for all the information about watching abroad.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

I'm sorry you found the post misleading and I'll bear it in mind for any future posts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fullfilling all the points from https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

- I've got a UK account

- watched NOWTV while in the UK

- in Spain for 10 days but can't watch NOW TV, get the error code 1301 which is about geo content blocking if I'm not mistaken...

Got in touch with the LiveChat and they opened a case, but still waiting for a solution for a week now...

Re-installing NOWTV from the WindowsStore while being in Spain didn't help either...

Also tried from 2 different houses and ISP without any luck...

Any idea or help?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wow this is huge! Definitely fantastic news
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Hooba
Scholar 3

That'll be handy this summer on my holidays. Presume it'll come to an end when we leave the EU, but will be nice whilst it lasts.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Hooba wrote:

That'll be handy this summer on my holidays. Presume it'll come to an end when we leave the EU, but will be nice whilst it lasts.

The Withdrawl Bill will ensure nothing changes in the short/medium term, and longer term the Government should hopefully see sense and not revoke legislation that benefits UK consumers.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

That’s what I had thought, hopefully that could change with the Fox/Disney merger..either way it is a great idea and will be good for the short period of time
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help