cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device for Sky Sports

Is there a device out there that can display the correct frame rate when watching Sky sports using Now tv? I have a Now tv app on my tv (LG E6) and I recently bought a day pass. The picture looked fine but whenever there was any fast panning it looked horrible and nearly gave me a headache. I contacted customer service about this but that was a waste of time – my granny would have been more use.  I don't want to buy another device only to experience the same problem. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now Smart Box (and the black box and Roku as well) is as good as it gets, and has 50Hz output

I can't compare it with the LG TV as I don't have one, but the black boxes and rokus are far better thanmy Samsung TV. However if I compare it with my Virgin Tivo the picture is not as smooth though a bit sharper.

Streams are a bit of a compromise compared to broadcasts; I generally find I can live with the issues around fast panning, but can understand why some can't. If you can try a black Now TV box or a Roku.  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried your TV with all the picture processing switched off in the picture settings (i don't own a LG TV it might be called something like TruMotion or maybe try playing around with the custom motion settings de judder and clear motion) to see if that makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. With my LG I always have TRU MOTION off. I might have a fiddle with that combined with other settings. I was also looking at the Roku boxes - there's a new one coming out shortly so I might try that if it's not too much bother. Can always return it if no better than the LG app. Thanks again.