cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't cancel my pass

Help!! I'm trying to cancel my sports pass (only purchased for lions tour), but when I log and I'm select My passes I do not have a cancel option. In fact, even though we have all the other packages too, it's asking if I would like to start my free trial. Why is this so difficult??? They advertise that you can cancel whenever you like but they make it so difficult to do just that!!
21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you purchased either a 1 day or 1 week sports pass you will not need to cancel.

The only sports pass you would need to cancel would be the one month sports pass which would auto renew each month until you cancelled the pass.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
... In fact, even though we have all the other packages too, it's asking if I would like to start my free trial. Why is this so difficult??? 

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're seeing a 'free trial' message, this would suggest that you have not logged into your correct (ie: active) NOW TV account Smiley Surprised

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem as well, I have a Sky Sports month pass bought for the Lions tour and when I click on "cancel" it goes to a page that says I need to speak to a NOW TV advisor to cancel it. I've had trouble cancelling passes bought through apple TV before (it needs to be done on the Apple website not NOW TV), but this was bought through the NOW TV website. They advertise easy online cancellation, what is going on?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Normally it is pretty straight forward, don't know why you encountering this problem, however i would suggest speaking to live chat where they should be able to cancel your monthly sports pass on your account.

Link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good call on the live chat - I'll try that... I've cancelled passes before on the website, it is like they have removed the button this time and replaced it with one telling me to call them. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you a 'combo' customer by any chance?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are psychic - the live chat person has no clue as they don't think I have a sports month pass.  The NOW TV account area is telling me I have entertainment, cinema, kids and sports - all of which I have bought separately (the first two for years, the last two added recently). When I was talking to her I noticed my bill went from £60 to £50 a month when I added the kids pass, and it talks of a "combo pack", but that's not something I have deliberately done. I told this to the live chat person but they just kept saying: you have no Sports pass. 

Its only on my bill it mentions the combo pack - the passes area shows them all individually.

Looks like I'll have to talk to someone after all - and for some time if that chat session was anything to go by!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a one month pass to watch the Lions rugby tour  in June and £33.99 is still being taken out of my account each month. We haven't even had sky sports since July! I want to end the payments coming out and seek a refund for a service we haven't had for at least 2 months. 

Many thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you have not done-so already @Anonymous User, you need to officially cancel your 'roll-over' Sky Sports subscription now!

The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account.

It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Please note: If some icons are missing you might have to temporarily disable any 'ad-blocking' plug-ins you may have running.
  • Then click on the coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

cancellation.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV - Which you should keep.

With regard to obtaining a refund... Provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers