Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought 1 day pass 11/6/2017

I bought one sports pass 11/06/2017
No problem
Received auto email telling me I also bought a roll over package for £6.99 charged 12/06/2017
This I certainly didn't buy and don't require how do I get it cancelled and refunded please .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Day passes don't renew so they don't need cancelling and you won't be charged again.

To cancel any month passes which do auto-renew you need to go to your My Account > My Passes page where you'll see any monthly passes you have with a cancel button next to each one.

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

If you're sure you didn't purchase a month pass pop onto live chat and see if they are able to refund you. To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

http://https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

However are you sure you didn't take up the offer on the nowtv.com/offers page for a free entertainment pass with any sports pass purchase? That might explain what's happened.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Day passes don't renew so they don't need cancelling and you won't be charged again.

To cancel any month passes which do auto-renew you need to go to your My Account > My Passes page where you'll see any monthly passes you have with a cancel button next to each one.

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

If you're sure you didn't purchase a month pass pop onto live chat and see if they are able to refund you. To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

http://https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

However are you sure you didn't take up the offer on the nowtv.com/offers page for a free entertainment pass with any sports pass purchase? That might explain what's happened.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi and thanks for replying
Am absolutely certain as only want it for f1 and wasn't a rookie mistake as have been using day passes with espn college football for years and learnt the hard way to only get the day I wanted although they don't use auto subscribe you have to renew lol
Anyway thank you for your help will look for a refund .

Many thanks
Coco
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a Sports Day Pass today and wish to cancel. You said "Day passes don't auto-renew..." but, in fact, I was shown a distinct message when I signed up that said the pass would auro-renew after 24 hours unless cancelled.

However, there is no "cancel" button showing by the side of my day pass, or anywhere else on the site.

Please help.

Thank you.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Don't panic. Only 'monthly' passes auto renew 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK but I distinctly recall there was a promotion today which included a one week free Entertainment Pass together with the Sports Day Pass and the terms & conditions said that the weekly entertainment pass would auto-renew if not cancelled.

Is that correct ?  If so, how do I cancel, please ?

Thanks in anticipation of another quick reply from you.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With regards to your entertainment pass to prevent auto renewal, go to the nowtv website using an internet browser and click on My Account, then on the drop down menu you should see My Passes, click on it and you should see a orange button next to your entertainment pass to cancel which will then prevent auto renewal.

If you have used multiple usernames, make sure you sign into My Account with the correct details.

Once you have cancelled your pass you should also receive a cancellation confirmation email from NowTV within a couple of hours after cancelling.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

OK but I distinctly recall there was a promotion today which included a one week free Entertainment Pass together with the Sports Day Pass and the terms & conditions said that the weekly entertainment pass would auto-renew if not cancelled.

Hi @Anonymous User,

The 'Entertainment' pass is a monthly subscription service so yes, according to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions', if you do not officially cancel that particular NOW TV subscription (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), prior to any 'free trial', 'promo offer' or 'monthly voucher pass' expiring, it will roll-over' and you will be charged.

The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account.

It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

cancellation.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I most certainly did not subscribe to a one month entertainment pass, all I wanted was a one day Sports pass for yesterday.

Someone said "Don't panic the one day pass does not auto-renew". Well, you are wrong, and just as I suspected I have been charged today a further £6.98 with the following message :-

"Congratulations, you’ve just got your hands on a NOW TV Sports Day + Entertainment Month Pass. Your first payment of £6.98 has been made and your Sports Pass will expire after 24 glorious hours. Your Entertainment Pass will auto renew at £6.99 a month after your first month unless cancelled."

I repeat there was no facility to cancel this yesterday on the website whatsoever and I am now absolotely at a loss.

Feel as though I have been trapped into paying these amounts.

I knew in my guts yesterday that this was going to happen.

All I now want is my money back.

Please help if you can.

Thank you.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How very odd @Anonymous User,

For security reasons, all 'account' related issues (including refunds) are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers