cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blurred/out of focus

Recently, including now Tuesday 23 Jan 2018 , watching Bristol City v Man City on my NOW TV smart box and Sony tv, the picture goes out of focus every few minutes (including the time and score graphic). Very annoying. Posted at 20.36 GMT, not 08.36.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like your internet speed is dropping every now and then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sounds like" my internet speed is dropping. So, out of all the programs I watch, the only one that goes out of focus is live football on NOW TV. Yet it is not the fault of NOW TV. This is not a solution or even an attempt at advising me how to fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow what a rude person you are, your internet is dropping which is why the resolution of the picture changes that could be caused by many things but that is the reason.  If you are using WiFi then try hard wiring if you have any other devices using your connection then disconnect them, there are multiple reasons why it happens.  It could be your connection isn’t that great or your isp may use traffic shaping at peak times, definitely a possibility if your on virgin media.  This is a community forum so getting an attitude with people isn’t going to get you anywhere. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

"Sounds like" my internet speed is dropping. So, out of all the programs I watch, the only one that goes out of focus is live football on NOW TV. Yet it is not the fault of NOW TV. This is not a solution or even an attempt at advising me how to fix it.

Have you tried some of the suggestions at https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box

I'm having the same issue, that during live action, it's going momentarily out of focus. I strongly suspect that the

issue isn't at my end (speed tests are at 60Mbps whilst viewing Premier League matches), but nevertheless

have been going through every part of my setup to see if the issue can be eliminated at my end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. My broadband speed is c 70Mbps. I'm using a wired connection to my TV. If I stream a football game from BT or a pirate stream I don't get this problem. So it's definitely a problem with NOW so it's over to them !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture blurred on my TV through my Now TV box. Picture sharp on my iPad. It’s not my internet speed!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since I switched on my TV this morning the picture has been badly blurred. It is connected to the Now TV black box and the picture was fine this morning. I want to watch the Ryder Cup on a TV not on my small tablet where the picture is really clear. Both devices are on the same internet connection so it can't be the connection.

I bought a sports pass to watch the golf and don't want to miss any of ir.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I unplugged the black box & did a manual reset (pin in the tiny reset slot) and reconnected the box  to the TV and the picture was clear as day. I didn't even have to reenter my account details and don't know why. Surely a reset should have cleared all data. resetting with a paper clip is a bit hit and miss. Perhaps it was disconnecting the power supply that did the trick.

It works now so I must watch the golf.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m constantly having to unplug and reconnect only on Sky but all other programmes via the Now box are fine. It’s pretty frustrating to do this all the time