cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best way to watch NOW

Hi all. Its probably been covered already somewhere on here but what is the best way to watch now tv? Iv got a ps4 & a hd now tv box but i was wondering iftheres any benefits from using a roku stick or anything else like that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The only thing you'll benefit from with a Roku stick is the extra features (such as external media playback) and extra apps such as Netflix (although that's coming to NOW TV box/stick later in the year), Amazon Video etc. In terms of NOW TV playback it will be exactly the same experience as you already get with the NOW TV box. 

YouView boxes currently only allow you to watch on-demand movie pass and it's only in SD, Apple TV's app is too basic and missing several features such as My TV so I wouldn't really recommend either of those, but apart from that all the other devices should give you a satisfactory experience at the best NOW TV has to offer (720p and stereo) so it's really just a matter of personal choice.

For the full list of supported devices see here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The only thing you'll benefit from with a Roku stick is the extra features (such as external media playback) and extra apps such as Netflix (although that's coming to NOW TV box/stick later in the year), Amazon Video etc. In terms of NOW TV playback it will be exactly the same experience as you already get with the NOW TV box. 

YouView boxes currently only allow you to watch on-demand movie pass and it's only in SD, Apple TV's app is too basic and missing several features such as My TV so I wouldn't really recommend either of those, but apart from that all the other devices should give you a satisfactory experience at the best NOW TV has to offer (720p and stereo) so it's really just a matter of personal choice.

For the full list of supported devices see here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for the info. Il stick with a now tv box then. The playback on ps4 is poor for some reason!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I suppose I should have mentioned the Roku devices have an integrated search option so you can search for content across services like NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon etc which may be useful (although if you're just using NOW TV it's nothing that the search function in the NOW TV app doesn't already do).

The NOW TV stick also gives you voice search, but having used it it's a bit of a novelty feature rather than something I find genuinely useful. 

My personal recommendation would be if you're happy with the NOW TV box you might as well stay with that for now, it's picture and sound quality that count and the 720p stereo you get on the NOW TV box is the best NOW TV do for now.