cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Sport on NowTV

Hello - I have a NOWTV box for a couple of years now.

Can I buy a pass to watch BT sport  via my NowTV login?. I really want to watch on my smart TV.

I have BT Broadband so if I upgrade and pay for 12 months I can only watch BT Sport - online - and not on my smart tv.

Apologies if you have answered this before but I rarely go online to the Nowtv website.

I do buy Sky sport passes and currently a Entertainment pass.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can I buy a pass to watch BT sport  via my NowTV login?. I really want to watch on my smart TV.

I have BT Broadband so if I upgrade and pay for 12 months I can only watch BT Sport - online - and not on my smart tv.

Apologies if you have answered this before but I rarely go online to the Nowtv website.

Thanks

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately you can not watch BT Sports on any NowTV device or NowTV app.

If you can watch BT sports online via a computer or mobile device and you want to watch on a  TV.

Then my opinion the cheapest solution would be to buy a Google Chromecast device, where you can download the BT Sports App onto say a smartphone or tablet etc, where you can cast the BTSports onto your TV.

I got a BT box in the living room to watch BT Sports, but in the Bedroom i have no BT box and use a Chromecast to watch BT Sports.

If you go down the route of the Chromecast you will need a spare HDMI port on your TV.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately you can not watch BT Sports on any NowTV device or NowTV app.

If you can watch BT sports online via a computer or mobile device and you want to watch on a  TV.

Then my opinion the cheapest solution would be to buy a Google Chromecast device, where you can download the BT Sports App onto say a smartphone or tablet etc, where you can cast the BTSports onto your TV.

I got a BT box in the living room to watch BT Sports, but in the Bedroom i have no BT box and use a Chromecast to watch BT Sports.

If you go down the route of the Chromecast you will need a spare HDMI port on your TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT are a rip off.... I don't mind paying to sky and now tv.... bt have only done this to try and gain customers (greedy b*stards). do what I do..... pay for sky, and any bt sports games just use batmanstream p2p streaming. f*ck BT

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

BT are a rip off.... I don't mind paying to sky and now tv.... bt have only done this to try and gain customers (greedy b*stards). do what I do..... pay for sky, and any bt sports games just use batmanstream p2p streaming. f*ck BT

The recent deal done between Sky and BT should gain both parties when it comes into play next year. I currently also sub to BTTV and find the package good value for money. It will be interesting to see what deals might be floating around when this new joint BT/Sky venture eventually kicks in. Hopefully Sky will stick a competitive price on it to entice us NowTV subbers to use the app on our boxes/sticks instead of needing a seperate device as we do now.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous Userwrote:

BT are a rip off.... 

They sure are.  I only have Virgin to get BT Sport cos there aren't many ways of getting it.  They should make it available to those who have broadband even if it isn't with BT.  

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

No, sorry, you can't get BT sport, on now TV Smiley Sad

EDIT

also see @schnapps's post aboveSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Must admit that I wish BT had a sports pass equivalent.  Fortunately I can get it via Virgin, but there is so little on it, that the £18/month extra is pretty steep.  Still given the chronic performance of certain London teams in Europe and the FA Cup, I able to cancel it in the middle of March.

ken242
Expert

i see we got the bt sport app on now tv now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I get BT sport on NOW TV?

I have a Roku device which i dont believe will show BT Sport but I bought a Now TV HD stick which I was under the impression would allow me to viw BT Sport with my Sky Sport Pass.

I dont seem to be able to view it ? do i have to install a BT app? How do I view it?