cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirstywire26
Occasional Poster

wifi

I'm having problems with my WiFi it's not connecting? staying in would orange, I've paid my bill it was paid on with so dont understand why I'm having problems? 

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Re: wifi

Hi @kirstywire26

Are you using the Hub 2 Router which lays flat or the older Hub router that sits up right with the smileys face light showing the internet is connected.

If the amber light in question is the wifi light and not the internet light, then have you tried pressing the small reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds to let the router look for the best wifi channel.

If still no luck, what happens if you go to My Account on here and select Technical Check to see if there is an issue with your broadband and wifi.

5 Replies
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @kirstywire26

Are you using the Hub 2 Router which lays flat or the older Hub router that sits up right with the smileys face light showing the internet is connected.

If the amber light in question is the wifi light and not the internet light, then have you tried pressing the small reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds to let the router look for the best wifi channel.

If still no luck, what happens if you go to My Account on here and select Technical Check to see if there is an issue with your broadband and wifi.

kirstywire26
Occasional Poster

It's thebrouter that last flat, it's been playing like it since yesterday evening, I've litrally done everything, got an enginer booked but can take up to two days, my tv and everything runs off my WiFi, this is a joke!!

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @kirstywire26

If you have the hub 2 router (the flat one) then is the amber light showing on the front of the router the middle centre light which means there is no internet connection ?

The only other thing that you could try whilst waiting for an Engineer would be trying to power off the router for 20 minutes.

I doubt that will work and if an Engineer has been booked by the nowtv broadband team then this would suggest to me that there is a fault somewhere on the line which BT Openreach will need to investigate & fix.

0 Thanks
Emma2711
First Poster

No I haven't set it up yet but missed an energineer call yday and wondered if I need to book another appt with him? 

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @Emma2711 

If today is your scheduled live switch on date, i would be inclined myself to setup the NowTV Hub Router (even if you missed the BT Openreach Engineer).

Should the three green lights be showing on the front of the Hub Router, then your internet is live and you are good to go.

If there is no joy with the Hub Router showing the three green lights then leave it plugged in for the rest of the day just in case BT Openreach are undertaking external works.

Also would suggest give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see if they need to re schedule another Engineers visit if you missed them and they need access to your home.

You will find the Broadband Team telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments by clicking on the drop down arrow below the live date.

0 Thanks