cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wifi

I'm having problems with my WiFi it's not connecting? staying in would orange, I've paid my bill it was paid on with so dont understand why I'm having problems? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using the Hub 2 Router which lays flat or the older Hub router that sits up right with the smileys face light showing the internet is connected.

If the amber light in question is the wifi light and not the internet light, then have you tried pressing the small reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds to let the router look for the best wifi channel.

If still no luck, what happens if you go to My Account on here and select Technical Check to see if there is an issue with your broadband and wifi.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using the Hub 2 Router which lays flat or the older Hub router that sits up right with the smileys face light showing the internet is connected.

If the amber light in question is the wifi light and not the internet light, then have you tried pressing the small reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds to let the router look for the best wifi channel.

If still no luck, what happens if you go to My Account on here and select Technical Check to see if there is an issue with your broadband and wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's thebrouter that last flat, it's been playing like it since yesterday evening, I've litrally done everything, got an enginer booked but can take up to two days, my tv and everything runs off my WiFi, this is a joke!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have the hub 2 router (the flat one) then is the amber light showing on the front of the router the middle centre light which means there is no internet connection ?

The only other thing that you could try whilst waiting for an Engineer would be trying to power off the router for 20 minutes.

I doubt that will work and if an Engineer has been booked by the nowtv broadband team then this would suggest to me that there is a fault somewhere on the line which BT Openreach will need to investigate & fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I haven't set it up yet but missed an energineer call yday and wondered if I need to book another appt with him? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If today is your scheduled live switch on date, i would be inclined myself to setup the NowTV Hub Router (even if you missed the BT Openreach Engineer).

Should the three green lights be showing on the front of the Hub Router, then your internet is live and you are good to go.

If there is no joy with the Hub Router showing the three green lights then leave it plugged in for the rest of the day just in case BT Openreach are undertaking external works.

Also would suggest give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see if they need to re schedule another Engineers visit if you missed them and they need access to your home.

You will find the Broadband Team telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments by clicking on the drop down arrow below the live date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I've just moved into a temporary place I've ordered my broadband I don't need a phone line as we have mobiles .

My son needs the WiFi for xbox.

It's telling me my installation date is 6th May and I need it set up tomorrow. 

I only need WiFi 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User You cannot get "only wifi," the NOW service is delivered down a phoneline. You don't have to use it. 

chilli2
Elite

While you can get "wifi" only services, these are typically called Wimax and operate at a different frequency than domestic wifi ( you need an antenna and a special box/router to make it work) and are usually found in more rural areas.

To get standard internet access you need a "phone" line. there is no other way round it, even with Virgin media there is a physical connection the only one without is mobile internet

What you are calling the phone line is the cable/bit of wire that connects the property to the Exchange or street cabinet - those green boxes dotted around on the pavement and it is down this that two services are provided:

•  Phone
  •  Internet

If you do not make calls on the landline then you still need the wire to provide an internet service , and if you do make calls on the line then you will be charged, or you can have a bundle ( ie pay £x per month for unlimited calls) if you dont make any calls on it then you wont be charged.

The Phone number is tied to the lime and it is also used to identify the connection , again you will have a landline number if you use it or not as this is used to identify the connection .

Until the line is activated you will not get anything from the router , if you need it now then you will be looking at using mobile data and a hotspot on your phone as a temporary solution  - although this will cost more.

Activating/provisioning a line for internet ( and calls) is much more than just flicking a switch, clicking on a bit of software while some of that is involved it can also include:

• Someone coming out to physically link/plug in cables in one of those green street cabinets
  • pulling wires through ducts, and repairing them if damaged/collapsed/blocked
  • Threading wires through bundles of cables at the exchange
  • Drilling holes in connection boxes for the wire to go through
  • Soldering the wires together/splicing and more

Thats why it can take upto 14 days and in some cases even longer if there are any issues