cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wifi booster

I am looking to add a wifi booster to my Hub 2. tried my old sky booster but does not connect up.

what is the best booster to get for the Hub 2 set up

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If a wifi booster is your only option available left to improve the wifi coverage at your home then maybe consider the Sky Q Wireless Booster from Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-booster-Wireless-white/dp/B005O7ZUPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536861566&sr=8-1&keywords=sky+q+wifi+booster

I have never used a wifi booster in my setup or can't really vouch for the above product, but i have had confirmation from the NowTV Team that the Sky Q wifi booster would be compatible with the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

If you do go down this route, then i would be more comfortable if you make sure that wherever you buy the Sky Q wifi booster from, that they offer a no quibble questions asked return service policy should the product fails to work with your router or doesn't meet it's performance expectations.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. Had to use a booster on my old sky set up. Will
try the Q booster and let you know how it goes.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have seen the Sky Q wifi boosters cheaper on Ebay, if you are interested.

Just make sure that you can return the item back to the seller if you can't get it working with your NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Let us know how the Sky Q wifi booster preforms with your NowTV Hub 2. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Will do.
Also just checking the spec for router and sky Q booster to compare with
other alternatives from net gear etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Took a look on Amazon and actually got a TP-Link AC1750 dual band booster.
Very similar spec to sky Q one, I had a concern the sky one could be harder
to set up with non sky router.
I have set up the TP- link today very easy to do and works really well
giving good signal throughout the bungalow.
Similar price to sky one as well.
There are others cheaper dual band units which would most likely work well
but this had good reviews which seem to be justified.
Thanks for your help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£91! for a booster, yet I was offered £15 from Now Tv to go and buy one.  Now Tv should provide them if their equipment can not send a signal that covers your property. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just purchased a Devolo starter booster kit as signal not the best and keeps dropping however not proving easy to set up is anyone using one ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What did you do to get the 15 pounds from NOW TV?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

If a wifi booster is your only option available left to improve the wifi coverage at your home then maybe consider the Sky Q Wireless Booster from Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-booster-Wireless-white/dp/B005O7ZUPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536861566&sr=8-1&keywords=sky+q+wifi+booster

I have never used a wifi booster in my setup or can't really vouch for the above product, but i have had confirmation from the NowTV Team that the Sky Q wifi booster would be compatible with the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

If you do go down this route, then i would be more comfortable if you make sure that wherever you buy the Sky Q wifi booster from, that they offer a no quibble questions asked return service policy should the product fails to work with your router or doesn't meet it's performance expectations.

Blimey when i posted that Amazon link for the Sky Q Booster back when the brand new price was £49.99.

I would suggest looking for alternative manufacturers or products if you are going down the wifi booster route or look for a cheap Sky Q WiFi booster on EBay or places like Gumtree etc.

Or look at a replacement suitable Router that can work with the Sky / NowTV service, though you may need a little basic IT knowledge to setup third party Routers.

Unfortunately i can't recommend or point anybody towards wifi boosters because the majority of my devices work over Ethernet and my non Ethernet wifi internet devices seems to run fine on my NowTV Hub 2 Router.