Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

vpn modem

Hi new to now.

I have a modem running a vpn.

at the moment I can connect to my TT modem and now have 2 WiFi signals

if I connect to now bb modem would I still be able to access vpn? I do not use nowtv

so that is not a issue.

Thanks for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you are connecting to the TT (TalkTalk?) router, you should be able to connect in the same way to the Now router. I assume you are just connecting one of the ISP routers Lan ports to the Wan interface of the other router. The only thing is the Now router only has 2 Lan ports so you will be left with just one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

you have answered my question.

will now proceed with change 

I don't and never had any issues with TT this change is purely financial !

Hopefully some of the bad reviews will not be applicable to me!! was with virmin (not a spelling mistake) they were terrible.

cheers

newboy 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Not sure I understand 😢

At the moment, you are using a TalkTalk router (not modem, I think), with TalkTalk as your ISP, and going over a VPN?

What do you mean, you have two WiFi signals? Are you referring to the 2.4Ghz band and the 5Ghz band?

And you are considering Now broadband over a Now router?

Where yes you can use a VPN (though not for Now itself, as I think you understand, and you won’t be affected by this anyway), and yes, you get both WiFi bands.

Though the WiFi on the Now router is famously weak 😢

Considerations with Now broadband and VPNs:-

https://help.nowtv.com/search/VPN

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.