cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nowpoorservice
Advocate

the worst internet i ever had

I beg for help

At this point and after many months trying and duplicating help for my problem, I give up, a service that goes down several times a day is intolerable. Please I would like to receive advice on how I can get out of this loop, some legal advice, my intention is not to report to receive compensation. I just want to stop being part of this scam and be able to choose another internet company without having to pay fees.

I feel that it is unfair to have to continue paying for a very poor service and even worse to have to pay a penalty if I decide to leave early. Luckily it's only a one-year contract but it's being eternal, also right now there are offers in other companies and I wouldn't want to miss them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TB202020
Advocate

After four years with no issues, the last year has been a joke for us too - we've had seven drop outs today already! So hopeless when working from home. Had three new routers sent, line tests all showing no issue despite internet being off while three green lights show on the hub - an engineer came out and said he thought it could be related to a tree leaning on a cable further up our road, but then when he came back with a cherry picker to try and attend to it he mentioned that other engineers he speaks with were reporting sky and nowtv customers all over the place having issues despite the sites saying there are no known service problems. Definitely changing supplier as soon as we can

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nowpoorservice 

Even if you move provider the same issue could occur if there is a fault on your line. The thing is the fault could literally be anywhere as far back as the cabinet.

Have you called broadband support for a full line investigation?

Have you been given a replacement router?

Are your drop outs on Ethernet or Wi-Fi or both?

See below link for the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

In order to be allowed to leave without penalty, you need to follow the complaints procedure.

NOW complaints procedure and codes of practice (nowtv.com)

Hopefully before you get to the end of the procedure, they will have cured it.

If your problems are are bad as you say they are, I'm surprised you have put up with it for so long.

TB202020
Advocate

After four years with no issues, the last year has been a joke for us too - we've had seven drop outs today already! So hopeless when working from home. Had three new routers sent, line tests all showing no issue despite internet being off while three green lights show on the hub - an engineer came out and said he thought it could be related to a tree leaning on a cable further up our road, but then when he came back with a cherry picker to try and attend to it he mentioned that other engineers he speaks with were reporting sky and nowtv customers all over the place having issues despite the sites saying there are no known service problems. Definitely changing supplier as soon as we can