cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

telephone lin

Hi all

My line is due to go live on 1st November and I've received my kit today. I have the £20 broadband package. From looking at the box I can see the package has an master microfilter, which has a phone socket. Do i need a phone to set up the broadband? i only need internet and do not care about having a telephone.  if i need a phone for the broadband, il buy one. Question is - will broadband work if i do not plug in a telephone? Thank you all.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this NOW linked article if you need to use microfiiters or not.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-microfilters 

You haven't got to use or plug in a landline telephone if you wish and doesn't effect your NOW Broadband (just make sure you follow the advice about miicrofilters).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much. I will hold of buying a telephone.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You definitely don't need a landline telephone plugged in, where a few forum members don't use a landline telephone with their NOW Broadband service.

On the date of your live activation date plug in your NOW Router and follow the instructions in the box (assuming it says self install on your online NOW account under My Broadband & Calls > Orders & Appointments).

Then wait until all three green lights are illuminated on the front of the Router.

Just be aware it can take up until Midnight for the live activation to happen.

I have done three NOW Broadband switch overs myself and the latest was around 8pm in the evening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler

Really? Thank you for telling me

My line Is going active on the 1st November. I thought that it would be active for sure at midnight and was planning to WFH Monday 

I will work in the office on the Monday just as a precaution.

Thank you once again!