cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

slow poor connection

i switched to fab fibre from non fibre with post office im struggling to get a signal 4 ft away from router in same room   have asked  begged written to now and no help  i used to be able to get signal with non fibre at the bottom of my garden. im disabled and after being in lockdown for over a year  would like to be able to get out in the garden but fear its impossible  with now broadband     any advise on what provider to go with would be apperciated as i find there is NO customer services with now  broadband 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Typically your internet will fluctuate over the first week or so. This is nromally standard with broadband. 

You can have a nosy at this link for checking the status of your broadband as well as a page for hints and tips

https://help.nowtv.com/article/having-trouble-with-your-broadband

This link will show you how you can fix slow broadband, generally by changing channels etc.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

If all fails you can call the broadband team, number on below link

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

View solution in original post

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sadly its not over the first few months its over a year and has got worse  being disabled its not practical to move the router plus the cost is something i really can not afford . the postoffice normal broadband worked fine but changed because of the better phone call package .  i have dual hearing aids and there is a major problem when calling now customer services always asking for me to unplug  this and that which is impossible as i have no legs  and at moment a broken wrist . i really wish id never moved to now broadband is the worst  service ive ever had ive had staff call me a cripple and but the phone down after waiting nearly an hour tbh im at the end of my teather  and  can not see how this can be solved  i really would love to be able to sit in the garden after a full year of not going out . i am unable to allow anyone in to the property because of related illnesses   NOW tv is the most appualing company and use inferior products the router is not fitt for anything  i cany ever get a signal 4 ft away in the same room  how comes normal non fibre broadband worked fine but fibre has just got worse ??? i just give up with it 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Wow I am pretty speachless to be honest, sorry to hear what you have been put through!

Ok so you can always drop an email to customer support. Address in the below picture. 

Now TV customer service.jpeg

Really hope you can get it sorted.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have looked at what you have written and to be honest its far above my head and im not techo minded   also is impossible for me to connect anything up to the router  with a broken wrist and no legs .i just cant believe that i was led to believe that fibre  was alot better but not being able to get online unless in right next to the router seems pants  and  its impossible to have cables from one room to another its not nice having to sit in my wheel chair in a freezing cold hall  when trying to use the internet  my neighbour whom still has normal broadband can get signal at bottom of his garden as did i used to be able  i really hate the day i switched and dont understand why the hype that fibre is great  does not work here for sure  and is a  total waste of money 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1 week on after wasting half a day last week  arranging to get upgrade to super broadband heard nothing call up and  they say  was not requested  wtf     im at the end of my tether they are basically calling me a liar  next stop is the ombudsman  ive never known such a poorly run company