cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WELLIE51
Advocate

slow broadband

Now TV broadband test is showing 75mbps download, every other speed test is showing less than 20mbps, it has been appalling for days, it is supposed to be guaranteed at 56mbps. it is about time you provided what I am paying for and what you guarantee. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@WELLIE51 

This is a customer to customer forum so saying “you” as no bearing at all.

Is the connection through Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Try splitting the Wi-Fi bands.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

If that fails do a factory reset to the router by holding the reset button for 15 seconds. 

Worst case call the broadband team in the morning using the number from the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@WELLIE51 

Us? We’re just customers, same as you, prepared to offer advice, but not to take the blame you ascribe to Now.

Now’s broadband test just shows the maximum Now can send over your line. But given how fast the WiFi drops off, you should do an independent speed test (I use fast.com) either over Ethernet cable, or with a WiFi device as close to the router as possible.

And if the speeds are below your guaranteed minimum, get in touch with Now Broadband support on 0330 041 2518 and get them to investigate the issue.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Unfortunately, the "guaranteed speeds" are sync speeds, if you aren't able to achieve those (less 5-10% for overheads) on a hard wired connection, that is another problem.

You need to report the problem to Now, and see if they can resolve it.

How to make a complaint (nowtv.com)