cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ordering now TV broadband

Hello,

I have seen the warning that nowtv broadband can only be installed if an engineer is not required to access the property. I have a NowTV modem as I was a customer last year, would it be likely that an engineer need to access my property when nothing inside my house has changed regarding the line?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought you would be fine if your last Internet Service Provider was using the BT Openreach telephone line service.

Though there is always a small chance that when the BT Openreach Engineer is doing their tests at the local street cabinet that they find a fault traced back to somewhere inside your home.

My Father was suppose to had a "self install" straight forward swap from TalkTalk to NowTV but the BT Openreach Engineer found a fault during testing and had to enter my Dads home to upgrade the BT Master phone socket (it wasn't a problem at the time because it was before the pre coronavirus outbreak so the Engineer had no problems entering the home because there wasn't any social distancing rules in place by BT Openreach).

Suppose it's a small risk you will have to take or stay with your existing ISP if everything is working fine, until things gets back to some sort of normality and BT Openreach relaxes their social distancing coronavirus rules & policy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought you would be fine if your last Internet Service Provider was using the BT Openreach telephone line service.

Though there is always a small chance that when the BT Openreach Engineer is doing their tests at the local street cabinet that they find a fault traced back to somewhere inside your home.

My Father was suppose to had a "self install" straight forward swap from TalkTalk to NowTV but the BT Openreach Engineer found a fault during testing and had to enter my Dads home to upgrade the BT Master phone socket (it wasn't a problem at the time because it was before the pre coronavirus outbreak so the Engineer had no problems entering the home because there wasn't any social distancing rules in place by BT Openreach).

Suppose it's a small risk you will have to take or stay with your existing ISP if everything is working fine, until things gets back to some sort of normality and BT Openreach relaxes their social distancing coronavirus rules & policy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The last openreach provider was NowTV, I have had a 4G service (that is unreliable) for several months now so nothing this side of the cabinet should have changed.

I think I should wait to see what my current ISP comes back with as the service is very slow, if it does not change it sounds like there is a possibility of having a FTTC connection which should be more reliable.