cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

openreach

OK, so just had the openreach engineer install the now broadband problem is i wanted a new line put in upstairs but he said it would cost £150 extra.

when i selected the broadband package i choose the option to have a new line put in despite there already being one at my address, it shouldnt have been any extra as i choose the saver option, i think maybe the engineer wanted to finish early today.

think i will just cancel this one in favour for a service that will give me what i asked for.

i wanted to speak to an advisor via livechat but all i get is a bot, that gives options that dont fit my issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have another broadband service on your current line?

Getting Openreach to install new copper lines is very difficult at the moment, due to the priority being given to FTTP. All ISPs seem to be having the same problem.

Do you know when your area will get FTTP? Fibre First: Your future with broadband | Openreach

Normally the incoming Openreach line has enough cables for two lines, so you may not actually need a full new copper install.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

I think you may be confusing a new number with a new line. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have another broadband service on your current line?

Getting Openreach to install new copper lines is very difficult at the moment, due to the priority being given to FTTP. All ISPs seem to be having the same problem.

Do you know when your area will get FTTP? Fibre First: Your future with broadband | Openreach

Normally the incoming Openreach line has enough cables for two lines, so you may not actually need a full new copper install.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah i did have another broadband service downstairs, i live in shared accomodation.

The idea was to switch broadband for something cheaper as Vodafone are putting prices up, but to leave the line free downstairs if my housemate wasnt happy with the wifi, they have the option of getting their own service.

The engineer did say the best thing to do would be to run a data cable, but he didnt have the time or interest  to drill a hole for me. the guy was clearly in a rush he even showed up 90 mins early.

guess its not so bad, just need to either run a very long cable through the house or get a drill to make a hole for a much shorter cable.

thanks for the replies

chilli2
Elite

Are there two lines into the building and two mastersockets one for each line?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@chilli2 I believe that is what @Anonymous User is trying to get.