cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danny2
Mentor

now hub not delivered

due to start super fibre today but like several others on here my kit hasn't been delivered. now keen to blame royal mail but not do anything to help i.e. send out a replacement.

really disappointed and wish i hadn't moved to now from plusnet. have tried several times to phone them and been hung up on by advisers. 

what does now broadband show as when it is active, (for super fibre) should it show in the wifi list? is there any way i can log into it without this hub? is it correct that we get £5 compensation for each day without broadband or will they be able to blame this on royal mail and not have to do anything? very concerned as royal mail appear to be on strike for another 2 days now. i've never had call to change a provider after starting with them - is it very difficult (i.e extended delays) to change again or back to plus?

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

You do have a right to cancel within 14 days, known as the cooling off period. How quickly another provider can take on your service in these circumstances is difficult to say. Royal Mail workers are on strike again for the next two days. It may be easier to hold tight and hope that your Hub arrives soon after that.

Jayach
Elite 3

If you have access to a Sky VDSL router, you should be able to use that.

redchiz1
Champion 2

From Plusnet?

danny2
Mentor

if i were to buy a sky router i.e. a 203 via ebay how would i sign into it - don't you need the details from the now router to sign in or does it just sign you in automatically?

redchiz1
Champion 2

If you were to buy anything from eBay I doubt Royal Mail would get it to you any quicker. 

danny2
Mentor

very true!! i have just found a now hub locally so may put a bid in on that

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, best of luck! Make sure it's a Hub 2. Otherwise here's hoping yours should be delivered by Friday/Saturday? 

danny2
Mentor

it says it's a hub two...but we;ll see! does now show up as "now" in the list of broadband networks or is it sky that you connect to? I can only see a sky in my list of networks though maybe i will see more when the hub is plugged in? (was on adsl previously...)

redchiz1
Champion 2

It probably show up as Sky whose service they effectively use. I cannot answer definitively I'm afraid as I don't have NOW broadband myself. Where are you seeing this?