cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no wifi signal in part of house - whats best solution please

Hi, just joined nowtv moving from talktalk. Nowtv router is clearly not up to the same task as talktalk router as not getting any signal in back part of an average sized 4 bed detached. Been researching what to do and it just seems like a minefield. Especially aftermarket routers with sky's protocol and getting access to usernames and passwords?!!  The extenders i've seen dont have great reviews and need a good signal in the first place to work properly, replacement routers - seem expensive and not sure if they would work - mesh seems like an option but no good for outside signal too. I've tried talk talk router and doesn't work as obviously not compatible with sky protocol. can anyone advise a cheap and effective solution?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now routers are poor for WiFi. You can mess around with settings until the cows come home but you will have no luck.

The TT hub has antennas that point the WiFi into the property.

The Now Hub looks like a Sky set-top-box and points the WiFi to the ceiling (the PCB is is lying horizontal not vertical)

Invest in a mesh WiFi or switch ISPs (but not to Sky which has the same hardware)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh yeah - sky using MER is very non-standard.

If you ever switch again, stay away from Now or Sky if you want WiFi from their routers.

If you do use them, use a Mesh for the WiFi. I use 4 BT Discs.