Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lydia1
Mentor

new tv cant download now app ....help

hi i have just purchased a hisense tv model no-

50AE7000FTUK

however i cant down load the now app on to the tv in my bedroom. i currently have a smart stick in my loving room. 

how can i watch now tv in my bedroom or will i will have to purchase a stick? thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

That model does not appear to be supported directly by NOW, so you will need a separate smart device as you have with your other TV. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
redchiz1
Champion 2

That model does not appear to be supported directly by NOW, so you will need a separate smart device as you have with your other TV. 

lydia1
Mentor

thank you so much for replying. no where seems to stock the smart sticks and the sky assessories are out of stick, unfortunatly! 

redchiz1
Champion 2

NOW no longer make their own devices. There are several third-party devices that you can use though, Amazon Fire Stick and Roku are both popular and well-regarded brands.

Geluk
Expert 2

"loving room" eh!!!!

chilli2
Elite

Loving room can be any room you want it to be.

As for a stick/replacement my personal preference would be a Roku stick+

I have a Fire stick, a Roku streaming stick+ and ( recently) a Roku streambar

the Roku UI  beats the overly complex fire UI thats geared to selling amazon content

plus if your used to the Now software the Roku will be familiar

lydia1
Mentor

It was meant to say living room!

thanks for info, much appreciated x

RoyB
Legend

@lydia1 @chilli2 

I endorse the choice of Streaming Stick+, the most capable Roku Stick if the most expensive, and I use one where I can’t get line of sight to it from a remote, which the remote being RF (radio frequency) rather than IR (infrared, which needs line of sight) lets me do.

However, it does mean I need two remotes to use it with the TV it is connected to, as the IR-only TV remote won’t work it.

The cheaper Express Roku devices are IR, so I can work these with my TV remote, all except for the * button (which I don’t need very often). These devices aren’t sticks, but I have one stuck neatly under one corner of the TV, with the double-sided tape Roku supply, to give it line of sight.

It depends on whether using a single remote is important to you, or if you don’t mind using two to get the advantages of the + Stick.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

The Stick plus has a TV control on its remote - volume up/down mute and power

redchiz1
Champion 2

Totally agree about Roku Streaming Stick, not that dear @RoyB 4K model on Amazon at £39.95 presently.