cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

is there any way to replace the standard router?

Hi, is there anyway to replace the standard NowTV router, my major issue is that I am unable to add in any sort of the control over the times that certain devices can access the internet.

I had a BT router before which was great for this.

I've tried using the firewalll scheduler but it just blocks everything.

cheers

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cool. Were you able to change the DNS servers?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have joined up Now TV yesterday.  Looking through the forum it looks Now TV provides standard router which is not good for WiFi connectivity. 

I am looking for Sky Q hub on ebay. Are these dual band routers? So if I purchase any one of them on ebay will it work?

Can anyone suggest one please? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV Hub 2 router that comes with your NowTV broadband package is a clone re badged Sky Q Hub router so you won't see any difference in wifi performance between the two.

Never had a problem myself with the NowTV Hub 2 router, where the first thing that i did with the dual band Hub 2 router was to rename both the 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands to make it more easier to connect to my home network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying back. 

I have various forums all complaining about WiFi issues.  I currently have plusnet and WiFi all works fine.  Obviously I don't want problems when moving to Now TV. 

Other forums has suggested buying a sky box which worked fine with Now tv. 

I don't think  sky q box and now tv boxes are same. If they were then WiFi connection should also be the same  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When nowtv was using the older Hub 1 router (which has now been superseded by the Hub 2), then a few nowtv broadband customers was swapping the Hub 1 router with the Sky Q Hub router from places like ebay due to the poor wifi performance on the NowTV Hub 1.

As far has i know the NowTV Hub 2 is a clone of the Sky Q Hub router, so you won't notice any wifi performance improvement with the Sky Q Hub over the NowTV Hub 2.

Why don't you wait until the NowTV broadband goes live, then see if the NowTV Hub 2 meets your wifi needs in your setup, then if not look at an alternative router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again. 

Yes I will wait for it to be changed over.  The change date is 16th Jan. 

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, the "HUB" is the bad one...not got a "HUB2" - maybe thats similar to a Q box???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Frank, just found this! Perfect, thanks...I've just bought a TP-Lin...and if it has the sky settings, thats great!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you set up the sky q hub was is plug in and go straight away
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yep it should be as simple as that.