cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALV500
Advocate

iPlayer, ITVX, Channel 4 apps not working on newly installed NOW broadband

Just had Now Broadband installed, and broadband is working but now iPlayer, ITVX, Channel 4 apps not working on our smart tv. Netflix, Prime and Disney all working fine. 

Engineer said that there appears to be a block on those apps as the broadband is working. This never happened with our previous broadband (all apps worked fine) - the only change is the broadband provider. 

Spoke to Now broadband team who said they can't help and to speak to the Now TV team on the chat function. Now TV team say to speak to the broadband team. No one will help. 

Anyone have any advice as we wouldn't have chosen Now Broadband had we realised some of our apps would be blocked and no one would help. 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ALV500 

All those Apps you mentioned work for me with NOW Broadband.

What playback devices have you tried? 

Also go into your NOW online account and change the Broadband Buddy Settings (mine is set to age 18).

If that doesn't work go into the NOW Router webpage Settings and disable IPV6.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ALV500 

To follow up from @schnapps  you said smart TV. What make do you have?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the apps?
If not you can clear the app caches.

What about unplugging the TV for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ALV500
Advocate

Thanks

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, classic on/off, turned broadband buddy off/then changed to 18. 

Haven't tried the IPV6 yet but have found a workaround - chromecast seems to be working for those apps but accessing directly via tv still doesn't. 

I think the problem is related to how the tv is working with the broadband (odd as never happened with any other broadband). We have a TCL TV. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ALV500 

Have you tried unplugging the TV or doing a reboot of the TV?

Is it through Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ALV500 

I would still be tempted to disable IPV6 in your NOW Router webpage settings just to see if this is blocking these Apps.

If that doesn't help, then was you running any type of VPN directly on your TCL smart TV and if so, has a temporary test disable it.

Westy2112
Scholar

I had a similar problem and went into the NOW Router webpage Settings and disabled IPV6 and problem solved.