cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WooKiiE
Advocate

iOS Privacy Warning

My phone and iPad have been updated to iOS 15 for a few weeks now, but this week I’ve noticed that a “privacy warning” has appeared when I’m connected to my router telling me that “This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic” 

Is this something I should be worried about and are there any settings I would be able to change on my router to stop this? 

many thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
allanc
Scholar 3

@WooKiiE 

That message is usually displayed when security standards don't meet iphones standards.  In this case possibly related to iphones preference to wpa3 network security key (wifi password). No uk isp uses the wpa3 standard. It is an undesirable but inevitable result of a device manufacturer releasing security standards that are only normally supported by 3rd party wifi 6 ax routers. I am sure if you google the error message you will find a workaround

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
allanc
Scholar 3

@WooKiiE 

That message is usually displayed when security standards don't meet iphones standards.  In this case possibly related to iphones preference to wpa3 network security key (wifi password). No uk isp uses the wpa3 standard. It is an undesirable but inevitable result of a device manufacturer releasing security standards that are only normally supported by 3rd party wifi 6 ax routers. I am sure if you google the error message you will find a workaround

allanc
Scholar 3

@WooKiiE 

Read this article on the issue

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251905649