cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hub 2 (NR801) firmware

is there any firmware update available to download for the nowtv hub 2 or is it done automatically?

6 REPLIES 6

No, it’s updated automatically when they release a new firmware (which has been quite infrequent in my experience)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't had much problems tbh. I find it drops connection shortly after midnight sometimes, which i put down to maybe firmware updates, it comes back 10 minutes later though so, not a big deal. Can be a bit choppy in the daytime however which is a **** when playing cod haha. Don't get why so many people expect a permanently constant connection and complain when it doesnt work for a couple minutes. Nothing is perfect

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Jim

You said, "Don't get why so many people expect a permanently constant connection and complain when it doesn't work for a couple minutes."

Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic but for me, who gets royally fed up when I loose my Internet connection, it's not something I can laugh off or just accept. I get very annoyed, depending on what I'm doing or watching, it's a major, major, (yes, double major) inconvenience.

Upset Emoji.jpgUK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is it a major, major (double major) problem? Unless you need instantaneous updates on stocks or forex, you really don't need a super solid internet connection, a few minutes downtime isn't going to drastically change your life is it?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

My internet connection stays up for weeks, if not months, at a time. If it goes down, I have to re-establish connections to about six £multi-million systems over 2 VPNs that I am monitoring, WFH during lockdown. And any ongoing Zoom and Teams chat sessions I might be having.

Though all this pales into insignificance when my wife appears, frothing at the mouth because Homes Under the Hammer on catch-up has gone down.

Work, I can deal with, but that.....

Needless to say, perhaps, I am not using NowTV broadband, which falls at the 24/7 hurdle for me.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB @Anonymous User 

Well Jim

Just like Roy, proportionality is in the eye of the beholder.

Plus, not a Now TV ISP user either.

UK Bob