cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

first time having broadband at house

hi,

i have just order phone and BB service for my house and it says i dont need a visit, just a little worried as this is a fresh BB set up and have never had it at this house before and its quite old with old sockets.  will it still be ok to just plug in and should work on go live date?

also bit off topic, didnt ask me for bank details when i set up, does the bill just come off of the card i used for the delivery? 

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you currently using a telephone landline at your house ?

If it was me on the scheduled day of the broadband going live, when BT Openreach are making connection at the local street cabinet and if when testing the line that they find any issues at your property such as the BT Mains Socket needs replacing for example.

Then hopefully to possibly save a re scheduled return date (if it's a straight forward job) where the Engineer can fix the line to your master incoming BT telephone socket in the house on the same day.

Then i personally would try to have somebody present at home if practically possible just as a precaution.

I had an issue with my Dad's line where i was told that an Engineer wasn't required at the house, but whilst the  BT Engineer was testing the line at the local street cabinet he found a problem where he needed access to the house to change the face plate on the BT master socket.

Luckily my Dad was at home at the time by chance and it was a 10 min job for the BT Engineer to sort out my Dad's broadband, where it was up & running on the same date.

Otherwise if my Dad wasn't at home at the time, then it would have involved another re scheduled date with BT needing access to the property and a further delay with the broadband going live.

Obviously if nobody is at home during the week day, then just go by what it says on your broadband confirmation order that an Engineers visit is not necessary.

With regards to the payments, when your broadband goes live this will be the monthly date that monies is due and it will be taken from the bank card details that you gave nowtv when ordering the broadband service on their website.

You can keep a track of your broadband order by going to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah its all working fine on the phone line

its for my Grandad so he should be around when its going live, ive got a feeling they will need to change the face plate.

thanks for the info bud!