cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

change router password

How do I change the router log in default password from nowtv to my own?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Enter 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser URL, then use the existing admin and nowtv log in details, then when the hub router page opens on screen select "maintenance" on top tab page, then on the secondary tabs below there should be an option for "set password" where i believe you can change from the default nowtv password to your preferred password of your choice.

Haven't tried it myself, hopefully it will work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Enter 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser URL, then use the existing admin and nowtv log in details, then when the hub router page opens on screen select "maintenance" on top tab page, then on the secondary tabs below there should be an option for "set password" where i believe you can change from the default nowtv password to your preferred password of your choice.

Haven't tried it myself, hopefully it will work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked a treat, many thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please advise what is the router username and password to log in to change wireless password for HUB2. Is it written on back of router?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

All lower case. 

admin

nowtv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey piratelee. Thnx I'll try that an hopefully it works. My neighbour got my password, I think, so need to change. Appreciated, Vonn
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are referring to the WiFi password on your NowTV Router and you need to change it from it's default password.

Then this linked help article should explain how to change it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-wi-fi-password

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get a 401 error. Please can you advise how to proceed

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if clearing your internet browser cache makes any difference or try a different internet browser or another device with an internet browser on it when attempting to access the NOW Router webpage settings.