cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cannot reset password on my now tv router please help

hi

i have been trying for hours now to change my passwords on my now tv router  as i can see a few people on that i would like to remove of my broadband. i have tried to enter admin as the username and also nowtv as password but keeps throwing me back out i can say i have never changed password before. this is frustrating  as cannot find how to change anything on there  without a password or username that i don't have. i  was hoping that someone on here could help me with problem i have please. i  don't know what else to do as this all new to me

big thank you to all

Ally

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I suspect that what you want to change is your WiFi password, not your router admin password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-wi-fi-password

When you have done this, turn off your router for 10minutes or so to disconnect everyone, and then turn it on again and log in with your new password, on your TV and other devices.

The people who you don’t want on won’t be able to get back in, so even if they know your admin details, they won’t be able to connect to exploit these.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

thank you i will try this now and will let you know how i get on 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

i just tried what u said and it wont let me log in still 

any ideas what else i would have to do to sort this out 

thank you 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sometimes you need to hold in the small reset button on the rear of the NOW Router for more than 10 seconds.

I would try 15 to 20 seconds until the lights on the front of the Router starts flashing.

Then maybe give it 10 minutes for the Router to settle down again before trying admin & nowtv has the webpage login details.

If that doesn't work, then try another device with a browser on it such has a smartphone or tablet if you have been trying in the past with a PC.