cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambertramp1951
Advocate

buzzing noise on landline. no option on customer service to report problems with your landline

We set up NOW account for mum as she needed wifi for her amazon device. She only has normal telephone, but there is now a constant buzzing noise when she makes or receives calls. Trying to report this problem on her behalf, but customer service number given by NOW themselves as the only place where to do this does not give option for call problems.  We are sure this is phone line problem as changing the actual phone does not help.  I even went onto BT Openreach website as I know they are the ones who will eventually investigate, only to see we have to get provider to report the problem.  Would love to if only NOW enable us to do so.

Thanks for any advice you can give

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ambertramp1951 

You need to call the number from the link below, which states any landline issues to call the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ambertramp1951 

You need to call the number from the link below, which states any landline issues to call the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

ambertramp1951
Advocate

Thank you. I have already called the number this morning, all the options relate to broadband - nothing for calls?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ambertramp1951 

The link states this. 

Problem with your line?

It's best to get in touch by phone, so an advisor can help fix your issue at the same at time as registering your complaint.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Just select option 3, any landline issues will be handled by the broadband team. 

ambertramp1951
Advocate

In addition to original post, this is my first ever post and not sure whether to accept answer if I have already tried solution offered if I have tried it and not succeeded.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ambertramp1951 

See the post from @redchiz1 

Jayach
Elite 3

Does the buzzing stop if you turn the router off?

Are you using a filter on all the in use telephone extensions?

ambertramp1951
Advocate

Sorry everyone.  New to community, so not sure why my reply to gavs82008 npt showing. Posted message on NOW  facebook earlier today. Told me to select Broadband technical option on phone as they deal with calls as well as broadband. As I was not at mums  could not proceed. Going there later so will report how I got on when I  return

Thanks