cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

broadband

Hi guys, engineer visit was scheduled for Today. Was at home all day, he/she did not turned up but it says on my account that visit was 'successfull' and "The engineer got your broadband and phone hooked up."

Still 2 lights on and no wifi. Line goes live Today but what bothers me is why it says engineer came if nobody came? I need internet for work, this worries me a bit. 

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Line activation can take up until midnight. However it is odd that you did need an engineer visit even though you were able to set up yourself.

If you want you can call the broadband team to make sure.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412472
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure, trying but nobody is picking up for ages already. Well I'll wait and let's see

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User 
In that link I sent you it displays a red banner warning about wait times.

Wait times longer than usual
Due to high demand in our call centres, we're currently experiencing longer than usual wait times on our lines for Broadband & Calls Members. Please check our Help Centre for an answer to your query before calling.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

Don't know if it goes to the same team but try the number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s quite possible that an engineer did attend to work on your installation; but if you have a satisfactory Master Socket connected up in your property, they would only need to work in the cabinet that serves your property.

iI they did, then things may have looked alright as far as they could tell, but without Now turning the broadband on at their end, nobody can ever be quite sure it all works OK.

And you can never be sure it isn’t OK until midnight has passed without that magic third green light coming on.

And regarding needing internet for work, I wouldn’t hook up with any broadband supplier where I couldn’t get cellular backup if the fixed line goes down. And a bare-bones low-cost supplier of domestic broadband, like Now, isn’t going to do that, so you have to add that for yourself, e.g. work off a WiFi hotspot provided by your mobile phone.

Which you should expect to have to do if you still don’t have your broadband tomorrow morning.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes you're right, I know those things, I'm quite a tech person, but I was expecting it not to work and it doesn't. As I said - it says I'd receive a text when engineer is on the way - I did not receive any call. Router is definitely connected correctly. Of course I will give them a bell after work but it's just weird that nobody turned up even it says they did... that's a bit odd. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I see no mention of a text?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

There often seems to be a disconnect between the ISP and Openreach, and it's not only on Now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok guys so rang customer service, they escalated the case, I have to wait possibly till Monday. So...

I opened the openreach socket and inside there are 2 cables connected and 2 are not, but I know this is fine. What worries me here again and I cannot find an answer: the cables are just being 'held' by metal clamps, but cable is not 'open' so it actually doesn't touch the metal part - just the protective part touches it. So does that even make sense? Should they not be 'naked' at the spot they touch the clamps?