cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Work VPN refusing to connect

I am unable to connect to my work VPN. The IT guys have looked at it on my end and have suggested everything on my laptop is set up perfectly. They say its probably down to my broadband provider changing something as they have had this a lot. 

The message is "A connection to the remote computer could not be established, you may need to change the network setting for this  connection"

No one else at my company are having this issue, so its not the server settings. My VPN settings have been checked, and I even checked them against another laptop which is working just fine. 

I have tried everything I could find regarding firewalls, PPTP, IPv4, IPv6 etc and everything is set up as it should be.

What would be helpful is if there was a phone number of someone at NowTV boradband that could assist!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Big thanks to all that have helped. Turns out that this situation was actually my Laptop. The WAN miniport drivers had an issue, and re-installing them has resolved the issue and I can now connect again. If anything else I have learnt a lot more about how to configure a VPN and how to go through my settings to ensure everything is working correctly! Hopefully anyone else with a similar issue will be able to see this and escape the headache I have had over the last couple of days!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried this in the NOW help article linked below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cant-access-vpn 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, already tried that and no joy I’m afraid.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Number for the broadband team is in the below link. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a search on the subject in the Community search engine.

I don't use a works VPN and have no experience with them using NOW Broadband

Doing a quick search on the Community i found this thread below.

No idea if it's relevant in your scenario or not.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Need-to-access-work-vpn/m-p/552997#M7379 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes out of all the ones I found, this was the best one but my settings all agree with the solution, yet it didn’t work for me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Big thanks to all that have helped. Turns out that this situation was actually my Laptop. The WAN miniport drivers had an issue, and re-installing them has resolved the issue and I can now connect again. If anything else I have learnt a lot more about how to configure a VPN and how to go through my settings to ensure everything is working correctly! Hopefully anyone else with a similar issue will be able to see this and escape the headache I have had over the last couple of days!

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

My VPN settings have been checked, and I even checked them against another laptop which is working just fine. 

What would be helpful is if there was a phone number of someone at NowTV boradband that could assist!

Is the other laptop working on the Now broadband service? If so it isn't a Now problem, so why would you think they could assist?

Edit: Oops, you posted your solution whist I was still composing my reply. Glad you got it working.