cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Work VPN Supported or Not?

I work for an IT company and work from home and provide out of hours support. I have to use a company VPN client on my work laptop to connect to my work network. This works fine on Virgin, my current provider.

I want to switch to Now Broadband, but I need to know if my work VPN will still work. If I can't connect to my work VPN with Now Broadband then I can't switch.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My work VPN is not working on Now Broadband, I came looking for whether this is something which is actively blocked, so I have the same question. Works fine on other connections, so either it is actively blocked or something is wrong with mine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I found this nowtv article in the nowtv help centre with a section about using your work VPN whilst at home.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use several VPN's for work from home and they work fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got on fine with it for a year or so, but right around the 8th of May it's stopped. I work for a large bank with a pretty decent IT setup I'm sure, but the VPN doesn't like it. More concerning, NowTV have been literally 0 help in fixing it (apparently there's no escalation for tech help beyond the person on the phone). I'm switching over to plusnet. I've tested and it works, and more to the point they've got excellent tech support!

RoyB
Legend

Nobody who does 24/7 tech support should be using an ISP who doesn’t.

Nothing personal, NowTV Broadband, but I am sure you would be the first to say you are offering a domestic service, and nothing any professional would find suitable.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.