cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't scan over wifi

Just moved from Virgin to Now. I have a Kyocera printer/scanner with a WiFi interface. It worked fine with the Virgin router but with the Now 2 router it will print but not scan. The scanning software says there is a connection problem. Do I need to configure the router somehow?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The usual culprit is Broadband Buddy, which has some peculiar ideas about what is suitable for what age group.

So make sure at least that it is set to 18, not 13, and perhaps turn it off altogether, then see if scanning is now permitted.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've disabled Broadband Buddy but it has had no effect.

I don't think that that is where the problem is as this is purely a local operation over the local network via the router.

I have also disabled 'adult' site blocking on the router.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

All good things to try, anyway. Where is what you are trying to scan - a document on the scanner that you are trying to import to a PC or laptop on your network, as you have done before through the Virgin router without any issues?

What software are you using, and is the protocol Twain, or something else? You might like to try with an alternative protocol if you have one.

I like the free Windows program NAPS2 for scanning; it may be worth seeing if this will work for you.

Failing that, I would contact Kyocera support, see if they can shed any light on what the issue might be.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy

My printer/scanner connects to the router over wifi. My PC is hard wired to the router. I'm trying to scan from the scanner to a pdf on the PC using the Kyocera supplied software (Windows 10). Printing works fine but since changing to the Now router scanning fails.

Failure message is "Connection problem. Check your device connection, the MFP panel status and the user authentication login."

I have downloaded NAPS2 which demonstrates the exact same behaviour.

However the plot thickens. I have downloaded the Kyocera software to my Android tablet and I can successfully scan to it across the wifi network.

Looks like it may be a Windows issue.