cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi

Have been a Fab Fibre customer since October 18, no issues with Wifi performance until last weekend, initially internet / Wifi was slow and then I kept getting 'incorrect password' messages on my Ipad / IPhone and Samsung Tv after WIfi dropped out on my devices, I hadn't changed the password from the one supplied with the router. 

Completed several hard reboots, unlplugged everything and reset the router. Hub Two been in the same position since having it and in the same location as previous Sky & Bt home hubs (no issues with these). Went online and conversed with techicval help who again suggested hard reboot, checked line and all looks ok, even changed Wifi traffic channel. None of this resolved the issue. 

Further telephone call to the support team, was in a queue for 36 minutes, only to go through the same reboot, check microfilters, power down again. Connectivity remianed intermittant and again messages on my devices that 'password incorrect', once cancelled this message after 2 or 3 times ipad / phone / Tv then reconnects again andn then drops out. 

Had a new / replacement Hub Two delivered yesterday and still having the same issues, mesages of 'incorrect password' Wifi continually dropping. Not sure what else to do, any suggestions?  

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you still got the old Sky Router ?

If so, maybe temporary hook it up and see if the same problems persist with your internet connected devices over wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I don’t have it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't play around much with my NowTV Hub 2 router, due to my limited lack of knowledge with Routers and Home networking apart from the minimum basic stuff.

However what i would try is going into the router settings and rename both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band together with renaming your Router SSID name and password.

There is something on the NowTV Router settings that i believe needs to be changed.

Hopefully more knowledgeable people on the forum when it comes to home networking will come to your rescue on what needs changing either on your router or your internet playback devices.

Sorry i couldn't help any further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get anywhere with this? I think we are suffering from the same thing, NowTV diagnostic checks say we should have a great signal but it drops out entirely fairly regularly and has been for the past few weeks.