cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi usage

Hi - Is there anyway to check the number of devices logged into a wifi router? I think there might be some misuse by someone I know for a wifi that has been set up in one flat, the flats in this location are small and I have noticed the wifi signal is quite strong even one floor below.

thank you

Anand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get the free Fing app, preferably on an Android device, as Apple restrict what it can show on their devices.

It will tell you as much as it possibly can about the devices using, or having used, your router.

I also recommend WiFi Analyzer, also on Android, which will tell you about all the other WiFi signals you are in range of, from other users in the building, and if they are impacting the router channel you are using. Plus how strong your WiFi signal is, relative to theirs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bacillus
Expert

you should be able to see what devices (will only show the mac numbers for the devices) in the router's settings.

because your signal is strong doesn't mean some unauthorised person can use the signal as they will need your router's wifi password.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Aware of that and I think someone in the flat is sharing the pw with a neighbour but has denied that , so just wanted to check who's logged in.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get the free Fing app, preferably on an Android device, as Apple restrict what it can show on their devices.

It will tell you as much as it possibly can about the devices using, or having used, your router.

I also recommend WiFi Analyzer, also on Android, which will tell you about all the other WiFi signals you are in range of, from other users in the building, and if they are impacting the router channel you are using. Plus how strong your WiFi signal is, relative to theirs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much will download and check it out.