cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi performance

Hi, I recently installed a Now TV router, I was getting about 70mbps through my Ethernet extender. Now my friend has joined our household and he too is using the wifi and one wifi extender will give out 3-10mbps and the other 30. I have done some research and they should not be effected this badly; is this just the wifi capability or is there something that has to be done? 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All I can suggest is to split the bands.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

However you shouldn’t be giving people outside of your property access to your Wi-Fi. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

He’s in my house, we live together.

that doesn’t help at all it’s not even related.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry about that, I had misread your post about “joining the household”. 

The wifi boosters your using can only output what the router from NOW outputs. If you split the bands you should get a more reliable and in theory faster speed, which then duplicated by the wifi booster should help other areas of the house.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If, as a test, you temporarily unplug the extenders and measure your WiFi speed on a device held as close as possible to the router, what WiFi speed do you get?

What WiFi speed did Now promise you?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

There are reports that the Now router doesnt support many devices, if you go to the router settings how many devices does it show as being connected?